Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! iPad user. Shopping for a new pad/tablet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 40ozBulldog's Avatar
    Thanks

Question HELP! iPad user. Shopping for a new pad/tablet.
    I bought 2 iPads years ago and they were great! Never had any problems... However, the wife lost hers on vacation last year. Mine has gradually become hers and I'm looking for a new device. I'm seriously considering the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.

What is the latest iPad that is available? When is the next one being released? What is the best bang for the buck? Always been an iPhone owner and that's the extent of my 'Apple' experience.

I can get a Tab 2 10.1 for $329. I looked on Amazon for an iPad to compare, but they all have different model numbers and other garbage, I have no idea what the newest iPad is, or when the next one will be released. All I know is people b*tched (like always) about how Apple released one and then another right after?! No idea. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you!!

iOS > Android

Check out the iPad mini. You will not be disappointed my friend

At that price point. Then you have the big and small version

Just saying

Thanks

Thought about it, however, it's really not about the money and the mini is just to, well, mini. Just need to know more about the iPad. Last I heard the iPad 2 came out, lol. All of a sudden the 4 is out? WTF? Should I get a 2, 3, 4 wait for 5 etc. Shop on Amazon and they don't list them as iPad 1,2,3,4 they just say 'newest version' and list model numbers. Confusing as hell...

Thanks
    Thanked 15,274 Times in 7,007 Posts

I wouldn't recommend a android tablet over an iPad. Not yet anyway. The iPad mini is great. I love mine. I also have the 4th gen regular iPad which has a beautiful screen and is very fast. So either that or a iPad mini I would say, my personal preference is the mini. I like the size of it better, find the 10" tablets a bit too big.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I wouldn't recommend a android tablet over an iPad. Not yet anyway. The iPad mini is great. I love mine. I also have the 4th gen regular iPad which has a beautiful screen and is very fast. So either that or a iPad mini I would say, my personal preference is the mini. I like the size of it better, find the 10" tablets a bit too big.
    Agree with ya there bro. Guy at work got a droid tablet and wish he would of got an iPad. I love my mini and so does my little girl.

Thanks

I have a nexus 7 too. It's nice but android still has a ways to go in the tablet world to catch up to the iPad. Build quality, lack of tablet specific apps and overall OS "feel" just aren't up to par yet.

Thanks

Thanks everyone. Simon, didn't even think about that. iOS is probably years ahead of Android as far as tab specific apps go.

Where is the best place to buy a new iPad? Amazon? Anything cheaper? Love saving money, lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 40ozBulldog View Post
    Thanks everyone. Simon, didn't even think about that. iOS is probably years ahead of Android as far as tab specific apps go.

Where is the best place to buy a new iPad? Amazon? Anything cheaper? Love saving money, lol.
    Best place is Apple I would say. If you are looking for a deal I think they sell refurb units for some good savings.