+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: External Wireless Hard Drive & AVI Files

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi All. New to the fourms here. I have two questions that go hand in hand. 1) I want to get an external wifi hard drive, that shares files to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default External Wireless Hard Drive & AVI Files
    Hi All. New to the fourms here. I have two questions that go hand in hand.

1) I want to get an external wifi hard drive, that shares files to ipad/iphone. Any suggestions. I know seagate makes them, and others. I would like to put movies and files on it and use it on the go.

2) I would like to add AVI files to the wirelss hard drive and be able to watch movies on the ipad this way. Can it be done. I have done some research, and some people say it work, some say no, some say you need certain apps, others say the same apps don't work.

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone have any input on this?
    HP EliteBook 8560w, iPhone 4s 16gb, iPad4 32gb, 32gb iPod Classic
    Other Misc Apple devices laying around too!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra5tripe View Post
    Anyone have any input on this?
    I have a network drive, I think whether it is wired/wireless may be irrelevant but I downloaded a free file explorer app (by Skyjos) to the ipad that, once you configure the link up, allows you to stream to the ipad without having to take up precious hdd space. Not only that, but for those who also have Apple tv, it has airplay capability which allows you to stream to the tv via the file explorer. An added plus that I was pleasantly surprised to get since in order to play movies in itunes, it(Itunes) first copies the video file from the NAS drive to the Hdd of the computer your using to link to the ATV which again, takes up hard drive space that it shouldn't have to. With the file explorer, this problem is resolved and I can leave all my ripped dvd files on the NAS or copy to the device I choose if I desire to do so.

Iphone 3G, Mac Book, Ipad Mini, Vista, Windows 7