+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Connectivity issues with home network.

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I apologies if this is in the wrong section but this issue happens mostly to my iPad's and then my iPhones second. I am a FiOS customer and pay for
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Apple Connectivity issues with home network.
    I apologies if this is in the wrong section but this issue happens mostly to my iPad's and then my iPhones second.

I am a FiOS customer and pay for 75MB/s download speed and as I know I don't always get speeds like that I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue I've had.

We own 3 iPads, 2 iPhones, desktop PC, 3 laptops (only one on), wireless printer, Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, 2 Samsung blue ray players, and 3 cable boxes. I know it's a lot of devises which is why I pay for so much speed. Here's the issue. My network will work great for 2-3 weeks and then on ALL my apple devises, the wifi symbol will disappear and then reappear as if it was kicked off the network. And it will do that till I do my stupid router reset which I think is bull.

Any suggestions? Someone recommended buying a time capsule/ Airport and hooking up all apple devises to that and everything else to the Verizon router. I keep hearing from the Verizon tech is "Apple's wifi uses bigger bandwidth then most wireless devises" and that's all I get.

Any help would be appreciated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

Most ISP provided gateway/router/wifi devices suck. My ISP allows me to bridge my gateway so if functions as a modem and I use a third party router. I currently have an AirPort Extreme as comparable D-Link and Linksys routers would only allow the first of my two Xbox 360s to connect.

Get a Time Capsule if you want the network backup options, otherwise, just get an AirPort Extreme (not Express.)

Also, hard wire as many devices as you can. Each device that connects reduces your maximum wifi throughput. Also, look at a stumbler application like WiFi Explorer to best configure your network. An advantage of an AirPort device is that they are all dual band (5 GHz & 2.4 GHz) thus giving you more options over your Verizon hardware (most are only 2.4 GHz.)
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK. That is a long the lines I was thinking. I really didn't want to spend the $400 to figure it out. But $179 for the Airport hopefully will help my problem. I'll continue to troubleshoot but thanks for the input.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

Best of luck! The AirPort Extreme is super easy to setup!
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Any Good iBooks? Yes!
    Anyone with an iPad, I recommend this iBook all about graffiti: Henry Chalfant’s Graffiti Archive. It catalogs New York City train graffiti in the 1980s … the beginning of Hip Hop! Whether you are into art, street lore, social sciences or even if you simply love the photos, this iBook is awesome. Here is the link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/hen...31594319?mt=11