Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: downgrade after jailbreak?

Default downgrade after jailbreak?
    Hi, just wondering if we will be able to downgrade after a jailbreak comes out for IOS6?

I know you can change the version number of the IOS when its jailbroken but not sure if you change it to 5.1.1 will it downgrade to 5.1.1?

I'm hating IOS6 so much I would happily pay for a downgrader.

I've got all the blobs and SHSH saved and patched IPSW files but none will let me downgrade atm. So when IOS6 is finally jailbroken I'm still hoping for a way to downgrade.
    All I want is my iPad3 back on IOS5.1.1 and I will be happy. Thats the best IOS for it and looks like the last good IOS too.

I restored my iPad 3 to iOS 5.1.1 with complete ease via RedSn0w. All you have to do is download the 5.1.1 firmware for your device from here: http://absinthejailbreak.com/all-app...-download-now/ and RedSn0w from here: Download (Direct links), Jailbreak Guides, And Mac OS X - Redsn0w, Redsnow Jailbreak 5.1 untethered / Jailbreak iOS 5 / 5.0.1 / 4.3.5 iPhone 4S, iPad 3. Once you have done all that, you just open RedSn0w and click Extras>IPSW Restore>and select the IPSW (iOS 5.1.1 firmware) you downloaded!

It's an IPad3 on IOS6.0.1 which Redsn0w doesn't like.
    So far I've found no way to downgrade it.
    If your method above works then why do people keep saying there is no way to downgrade the iPad 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Magellan14 View Post
    I restored my iPad 3 to iOS 5.1.1 with complete ease via RedSn0w. All you have to do is download the 5.1.1 firmware for your device from here: All Apple Firmwares for iPhone, iPad and iPod [Download Now] | Absinthe Jailbreak.com and RedSn0w from here: Download (Direct links), Jailbreak Guides, And Mac OS X - Redsn0w, Redsnow Jailbreak 5.1 untethered / Jailbreak iOS 5 / 5.0.1 / 4.3.5 iPhone 4S, iPad 3. Once you have done all that, you just open RedSn0w and click Extras>IPSW Restore>and select the IPSW (iOS 5.1.1 firmware) you downloaded!
    I think you got 1 of 2 points wrong.
    1, your thinking of iPad 2 NOT iPad 3.
    2, Your going from IOS5.1.1 to IOS5.1.1 NOT IOS6.0.1 to IOS5.1.1

From what I can see there is NO way to downgrade an iPad 3 from IOS 6.0.1 to IOS 5.1.1.
    What I'm after to know is WHEN a jailbreak finally comes out CAN we spoof the version number to 5.1.1 and downgrade with saved SHSH and blobs and modded/stitched firmware?