Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3rd Gen vs 4th Gen

Default 3rd Gen vs 4th Gen
    I just bought a 3rd Gen iPad and I can return it for the 4th Gen. However my iPad is jail broken and I can't live without that. Should I trade it in. I don't want to wait months for the jailbreak. I guess what I'm asking is what would the majority of u do. For me the jailbreak tilts the balance a tiny bit for the 3rd gen.

......and go

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

There is no telling when the jailbreak will be for 6.0. Be best to stay where ya at. No big improvement IMO.

I was thinking the same thing as well about giving up my JB 3rd gen for a non-JB 4th gen. I think this 3rd gen is plenty fast. A little faster than my 2nd gen so I can't imagine how much faster this 4th gen is compared to the 3rd.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I always buy the newest however I didn't think the 4th was that much better than the 3rd to go out and buy it. You stated you could not live without your jailbreak so stay with the 3rd.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Well, if you have jailbroken 3rd Gen iPad, then you can't return to Apple, the warranty is not valid.
    So just keep your iPad 3. For some iPad tips, you may get some nice from ifunia ipad column.
    Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, feeling and instinct, not by rule.
    How to Delete Duplicates in iPhoto