+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should I purchase a third gen Ipad, or wait for a possible announcement of a new Ipad?

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hello guys! I started college a few weeks ago, and when presented with an enormous amount of e-book reading, I have been considering getting an Ipad. I find it very
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Should I purchase a third gen Ipad, or wait for a possible announcement of a new Ipad?
    Hello guys!
    I started college a few weeks ago, and when presented with an enormous amount of e-book reading, I have been considering getting an Ipad.
    I find it very easy to just pull out the Ipad in the train or before bed, and catch up on some reading.
    My question, however, is if I should purchase a third gen Ipad now, or wait for a possible announcement of an Ipad 3 (or whatever they will call it)
    I am not interested in buying an Ipad mini that a lot of people think they will announce.
    So do you guys think they will announce a 4th generation of the Ipad? or should I just go down and get myself an Ipad 3gen.

Thank you so much in advance! i really appreciate your professional input

iPhone? More like MyPhone Janet55's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, the iPad 3 will value in the two years I think, but you could wait till the iPad mini release, as rumors said there are an iPad mini will come with Sep 12th Apple event...
    of course all up to you
    Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, feeling and instinct, not by rule.
    How to Delete Duplicates in iPhoto

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So we should not expect a brand new Ipad on sep 12?
    Dont care about the Ipad min

Thanks

There will not be a new iPad on the 12th, though an iPad mini has about a 3% chance of being announced. If all you are looking for is eBook reading, you may want to consider the Kindle Fire or Fire HD, since they are more than capable for a lot less.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

next ipad most likely will be released in march 2013, possibly a standard sized one and a mini to go along with it with an iphone 5 look. at least that's what normally happens after a new phone release. maybe the ipad mini will come out before christmas tho.

all i can tell you advice wise is that i have an ipad 2 and it performs just fine for me. i would recommend either buying a 2 or 3 asap so you can jailbreak it, you have basically a week to wait before they start coming out with ios 6 standard and are stranded with no way to jailbreak till a new one is released which typically takes 2-3 months

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Virro91 View Post
    Hello guys!
    I started college a few weeks ago, and when presented with an enormous amount of e-book reading, I have been considering getting an Ipad.
    I find it very easy to just pull out the Ipad in the train or before bed, and catch up on some reading.
    My question, however, is if I should purchase a third gen Ipad now, or wait for a possible announcement of an Ipad 3 (or whatever they will call it)
    I am not interested in buying an Ipad mini that a lot of people think they will announce.
    So do you guys think they will announce a 4th generation of the Ipad? or should I just go down and get myself an Ipad 3gen.

Thank you so much in advance! i really appreciate your professional input
    Get an ipad 3 now and get Ipad MIni later, that is my opinion.

iPhone? More like MyPhone realtimedeath's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought my first iPad 3 days I was just browsing the refurbished iPad section and saw that you could get a 16 gb wifi ipad 2 for 310-320$ I can't remember which. And enticement of that sweet deal was all I needed to talk myself into buying a retina display iPad. I love this thing. I was gonna save the 300$ and get a used ipad2 but I'm glad I went with the 32 iPad 3. I figure even the next iPad will pack the a6 and more ram but this ipad3 will be good for a along while or if I must have the next one I know the resell value is high on the one I bought so I should be able to resell it easily enough if I tried. Also the apple smartcase is super low profile. 👹🗿👺

Thanks

For eBook, I would go with a Kindle as it is much better on the eyes. If you are up for an iPad, go for the 3. I am sure that Apple is not going to announce a new iPad during the upcoming event: at least not the iPad in its current dimensions or as we know it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Buying Ipad 3 would be the best bet. Rather than waiting for the next model in the next year.