+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Screen Display out w/o Jailbreaking?

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
My school is looking to buy iPads for the teachers and I am looking for a way to have the screen displayout with out me having to jailbreak everyone of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Screen Display out w/o Jailbreaking?
    My school is looking to buy iPads for the teachers and I am looking for a way to have the screen displayout with out me having to jailbreak everyone of them to get it to work with our projectors. Is there anyway of doing this, a special cable or anything that I can do to get it to work.

Thanks

Depends on what you're trying to do, and with what device.
    If they're anything but the very oldest models,
    you can probably use built-in Video Mirroring and it should "just work" for most everything.

Note:
    you may have better luck with an original Apple-certified cable
    rather than a 3rd party cable.

iOS: About Apple Digital AV Adapters

Note 2:
    paid content (movies, TV shows, etc) you bought with iTunes may require a special cable or have other restrictions. Free Video content (and normal Apps) should not be restricted.
    Last edited by raduga; 08-28-2012 at 10:47 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They are iPad 2 and 3s was trying to get it to work w/ a composite av adaptor and it wasn't working but this looks like it needs the Apple VGA adaptors not the old composite adaptors.

Thanks,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevinaba View Post
    They are iPad 2 and 3s was trying to get it to work w/ a composite av adaptor and it wasn't working but this looks like it needs the Apple VGA adaptors not the old composite adaptors.

Thanks,
    If it's a mix, I'd suggest you get all NEWadapters (either composite or VGA) and keep the iPads on the same (current) firmware.

A mix of different adapter types and different firmwares will ensure chaos and frustration,
    probably not what your teachers want.

Composite should work... if the adapters are new, and everything else matches up.
    VGA should work too. I'm not aware of any combinations where it would break.

It's a trade-off. Have you already run cabling for the Projectors?
    If not, I'd spring for the extra wire, and run BOTH out to the teacher's station. Future-proofing, because iPads may not be the only thing someone will want to plug in....