Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help on my iPad 1

Default Help on my iPad 1
    Hey guys. I want to update my iPad 1 to 5.1.1 but i don't know if my iPad is the unlock version one or it has a carrier. I already googled it, but can't find some answers about it. So i can update it and jailbreak it.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,544 Times in 7,107 Posts

I don't see how that would make a difference with updating it. You can see if you have a 3G iPad by checking for a sim car slot. Most 3G iPads are unlocked though.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I don't see how that would make a difference with updating it. You can see if you have a 3G iPad by checking for a sim car slot. Most 3G iPads are unlocked though.
    i mean the thing is, if updated my iPad 1 to 5.1.1, can i still use it? I mean its like on the 4 with the gevey sim? that i cant use it after updating it because its a at&t phone.

Thanks

Huh? Are you talking about an iPhone or an iPad? Very confusing...

Huh? Are you talking about an iPhone or an iPad? Very confusing...
    Im talking about the iPad 1 sir. Im very sorry for my bad english sir. I just made the iPhone4 w/ gevey sim an example. I can update my iPad to 5.1.1 with no problem at all even though if it had a carrier one or the unlocked version?

Thanks

Most iPad's are unlocked. If your iPad is from the US then it is definitely unlocked. Regardless it wouldnt matter even if it was locked since there are no software or gevey type unlocks that work on iPads. So yes, you can update to 5.1.1.

Most iPad's are unlocked. If your iPad is from the US then it is definitely unlocked. Regardless it wouldnt matter even if it was locked since there are no software or gevey type unlocks that work on iPads. So yes, you can update to 5.1.1.
    thank you soo much for the reponse sir. And by the way, if updated my firmware to 5.1.1, does the application will be deleted and also the photos and videos?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by millean View Post
    thank you soo much for the reponse sir. And by the way, if updated my firmware to 5.1.1, does the application will be deleted and also the photos and videos?
    Do a backup in itunes first. Then after restoring to 5.1.1 you can restore that backup and put everything back to the way it was before the update.

Do a backup in itunes first. Then after restoring to 5.1.1 you can restore that backup and put everything back to the way it was before the update.
    never mind the applications, just the photos and videos hehe. Thank you again sir!

Kindly closed the thread. Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

/Closed by request. Issue resolved.