... because Apple can't be bothered to. Many of us are having issues related to wireless connection on our new iPads and as of yet I have not found anything on Google where anyone is trying to fix it using "unconventional" methods (i.e. jailbreaking). Many, including myself, do not believe this to be a hardware issue and I've read that people on older iPads who have updated to 5.1 have the same problems.

My issue specifically is that the connection will drop out while in sleep mode (and sometimes while awake) after about 20-30 minutes. Granted, wifi is supposed to cut out during sleep mode to preserve battery, but this is while downloading large apps from the App Store. The device is supposed to hold connection until the download completes.

I've discovered a potential fix from back when people were having wifi dropping issues on their iPhone/iPods:

/var/preferences/SystemConfiguration/ contains a file named com.apple.wifi.plist

It is said that editing this with iFile and changing DisassociationInterval to something higher than the default (1,800) should do the trick. I'm going to test this and report back my findings.

In the meantime, let's post other potential fixes for this issue and see if the jailbreakers can't fix the bug before Apple does (as we've done before).