+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Methods to Repair iOS Without Reinstall

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Good Afternoon All - I've got an iPad 2 Wifi 32gb on 5.01 which is jailbroken. Currently, I'm having a few issues with it to where I'd usually reinstall iOs
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Methods to Repair iOS Without Reinstall
    Good Afternoon All -

I've got an iPad 2 Wifi 32gb on 5.01 which is jailbroken. Currently, I'm having a few issues with it to where I'd usually reinstall iOs & the jailbreak, but can't seeing as currently having 5.01 blobs don't allow you to do this + there's no JB for 5.1.

Therefore, I'm trying to find a way to possibly fix these issues without an iOS reinstall.

The issues I'm, having are...
    - iPad slow / slow to respond to commands when in Springboard - In App seems fine
    - Bluetooth in Settings ion greyed out - cannot turn on or off
    - Complete reboots take me directly to safe mode. I must then respring to get it 100% up

Fixes I've thought of...
    - Uninstalling all Cydia apps at once, then reinstalling them
    - Using commands in the Reset menu (Reset All Settings, Erase All Content and Settings, etc) Don't know how this would work with jailbroken iPad.

The last thing I want to do is make it worse or to the point where I have no choice but to reinstall iOS. Then, I'd have to go to 5.1 and loose my jailbreak altogether.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Thanks

Try Uninstalling cydia tweaks and starting again by installing only needed tweaks.

Like you said, restoring would be the last option.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    An easy way to do a cleanup is to go into Cydia and remove Mobile Substrate. This will also remove a LOT of other Cydia installs, but sometimes that's a good thing...

After you do that, it should run like an unjailbroken phone. You can start again from there.

iPhone? More like MyPhone expl0itfinder's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree. Mobile substrate may have a faulty extension. Removing it will remove a lot of stuff, but nothing vital to the system, or the jb. This will undoubtedly fix the issue
    (null)