+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: VPN with MyWi help!

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I can PPTP VPN from my iPhone and iPad to my home network no problem. The problem lies while trying to VPN while using mywi. I can VPN with my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default VPN with MyWi help!
    I can PPTP VPN from my iPhone and iPad to my home network no problem. The problem lies while trying to VPN while using mywi.

I can VPN with my iphone over 3G then share that connection with mywi wifi to my iPad. It works except my iPad has an ip given by mywi so I can't browse my home network.

I can share my iPhone 3G connection with mywi wifi to my iPad. Then VPN from on my iPad. The VPN connects but the ip is still one from mywi. I thought the ip should then be issued by the VPN dhcp server.

Has anyone had any luck with these scenarios? Bottom line is I would like to access my home network via VPN from my iPad using my iPhones data connection.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

The VPN server will issue a remote IP, but you'll still have a local IP handed out by mywi. It might be an issue with mywi not routing the traffic correctly. If the vPN is connecting on your iPad, but you aren't abel to access anything, I could be a DNS routing issue or something. I see that other users have a similar issue with PPTP, not L2TP. MyWi and VPN is it possible?
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've read those posts but that was 3 years ago. I was hoping it may have been fixed since then. Has anyone got it to work with PDAnet maybe?