Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The new iPad- thickness tolerance study. Take a look?

Default The new iPad- thickness tolerance study. Take a look?
    Hi there,

I've always been fascinated by the fact that such a high volume production product can hold such a high tolerance. With that in mind, if any of you happen to have The new iPad and a set of digital calipers (see attached photo), could you please measure the iPad thickness on the four corners (see attached photo of measurement locations) and post your findings here? I will be doing a dimensional analysis of the iPad for a project and would greatly appreciate your help!

Thanks for your help,

Josh

-untitled.jpg
    -digital-caliper.jpg

I don't know how this make sense for you to do dimensional analysis. I just got known that the New iPad is fatter than the iPad2.
    And I think what interesting users maybe many others, such as better display, better camera...
    Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, feeling and instinct, not by rule.
    How to Delete Duplicates in iPhoto

I understand the iPad 2 is thinner than the new iPad. In manufacturing, there is a nominal value for which the engineers specify on the product. Along with the nominal value, there is a + or - tolerance implied based on the decimals given with the dimension. I am curious as to how tight of a tolerance apple keeps on a MASS produced item.

Anyone care to offer some help?
    TIA!

I know lots of people are useless for the actual question...here is what i found...keep in mind i have a screen protector on my screen so there is a bit of a dif

4.49mm
    4.55mm
    4.48mm
    4.47mm