+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need info from someone with an iPad2/3 3G and AppleTV

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I'm trying to find a way to use an iPad and AppleTV to mirror the screen (for a demonstration that requires an internet connection) without access a dedicated wifi/internet connection.
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Need info from someone with an iPad2/3 3G and AppleTV
    I'm trying to find a way to use an iPad and AppleTV to mirror the screen (for a demonstration that requires an internet connection) without access a dedicated wifi/internet connection.

If I bring a small wireless access point to connect the ATV and iPad to, and use a 3G/4G iPad, will the iPad still be able to mirror the screen through the AP while connecting to the internet via 3G? Or will it try to connect to the net through WiFi and never connect (since the AP isn't connected to the internet?)

Can the iPad enable tethering and allow the ATV to connect to it? If so, can the iPad airplay this way?

Or should I just simply consider picking up a MiFi and using a wifi only iPad?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    Can the iPad enable tethering and allow the ATV to connect to it? If so, can the iPad airplay this way?
    Yes. I just tried this, and it works. I am guessing that if the content you are AirPlaying is all local on the iPad, it wouldn't be using up any of your cell plan's monthly data, either.

Note that only the Verizon iPad has built-in "official" hotspot tethering right now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fofer For This Useful Post:

z6joker9 (03-28-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Perfect, thanks! That is going to help simplify the equipment needed A LOT!