Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Settings app crashing b/c of available update to iOS 5.1 on iPad 2 iOS 5.0.1

Default Settings app crashing b/c of available update to iOS 5.1 on iPad 2 iOS 5.0.1
    I've searched the internet for any help concerning my particular problem, but with no luck. I'm positive the problem is not originating with some software update for some app, I use the settings app several times a day. A couple days ago I found that after the badge on the settings app appeared, (indicating that I should update to iOS 5.1) my settings app crashed upon my opening of it... it does this every time and within three seconds. I can only gain access to the settings app via safe mode. If anyone has heard of this issue, or at least something similar, please let me know. Updating my iPad 2 is currently not possible b/c I rely on my jailbreak to get pirated organic chemistry apps that are essential for my class this semester.

Thanks for your time bra!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Did you change your SystemVersion.plist file by any chance? That may be causing the issue...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Pretty sure I didn't, mainly because I'm not tech savvy enough to even know how to do that. I'm currently going through cydia seeing if I can find anything that could possibly be causing this. (Last time I had a problem this bad it was with the music skipping through the iPhone 4 speakers, because of the cydia package called hands free control...)

Oh and thanks for replying bro!

This may sound lame, but did you try like a hard reboot? That may clear it up for you. Or maybe even trying the tweak that hides the update badge from showing up on the settings.app. Also, you cannot update to 5.1 and still be jailbroken, that may be the problem right there.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

yup, I've done a hard reboot prolly like 8 times now. And yeah I though to get the package called "noOTA badge".. but still the problem persists.. there's just no update badge. ALSO, a few minutes ago I discovered that the only other app that is being affected by this problem of mine, is that my youtube app is not loading.. as soon as I tap to open it, the screen rotates to the upright position (even with screen-rotation-lock on) and the screen just stays pitch black (the only thing visible is the status bar, thus indicating the screen rotation) I've been searching the internet for some tips for that but nothing helpful. Any ideas?

Thanks

None from me, Sorry. I don't really know what to tell you. If it's really affecting you just backup and restore to a custom iPSW if it's that serious. If it's not a big deal to you then don't restore.

Yeah I hear you, I'll probably end up having to do that, its just, I'm a member of the League of Procrastination you see, and so I'm not really gun-ho on waiting 20 mins or so to do a restore. Plus I don't like to let my iDevice defeat me on such a strange issue. Alright, well thanks for your time bro.

Thanks

No problem. Good luck with it hopefully it gets solved some way, some how....