+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Video Format

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I have a huge collection of downloaded movies and tv episodes. Only problem is that their not in the right format so iTunes won't take em. What's the best video
    Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPad Video Format
    I have a huge collection of downloaded movies and tv episodes. Only problem is that their not in the right format so iTunes won't take em.
    What's the best video converter, I can use to keep the HD resolution and be able to play them back on my iPad / iPhone?

Thanks

Mac or pc?
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Have you tried CinexPlayer, or any other video player that can allegedly play multiple formats? I do like Cinexplayer, it has worked with some AVI's, not sure about MKV though.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Mac or pc?
    PC Homeboy

Thanks

In my opinion, Handbrake is the best video converter, especially for converting HD content (avi, mkv, etc.) to m4v or mp4, Mac or PC. It is free, and is highly configurable. If you are not an advanced user, like me, the built in presets work great as well. For iPad conversion, I usually use the High Profile preset. There are a million other converters out there, some will even attempt to add the converted video to iTunes for you. Throughout the years, I have tried these converters, which many of them look very similar to one another, but keep returning to Handbrake. Also, handbrake has forums on the developers site, which helps for support and customization.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

I use Airvideo it streams moves from your computer or it can convert any file to be transferred to your idevice I can't fault it

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manickbarry View Post
    I use Airvideo it streams moves from your computer or it can convert any file to be transferred to your idevice I can't fault it
    I love air video... I didn't know it would convert files for transfer to ipad thats great.

I personally use handbrake. its super easy to use and quick to boot.