+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sim slot stuck-taking to apple?

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
ok so my sim card slot is stuck and it seems its because it wasnt cut properly. i actually took my ipad overseas (pakistan) and the service provider did all
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default sim slot stuck-taking to apple?
    ok so my sim card slot is stuck and it seems its because it wasnt cut properly. i actually took my ipad overseas (pakistan) and the service provider did all this. if i take it to apple will i have any problems? its still under warrenty, its the ipad 2 3g. its also jailbroken does that pose a problem? and what will apple do? i read somewhere that apple will most likely repair it becaude they dont want to take apart the ipad to remove the sim...if not, how much do u think i'll be charged?

thanks.

Thanks

This is what you need to do before taking your iPad to Apple: first, make a backup (either in iTunes or on iCloud). Next perform a DFU restore to 5.0.1 (since that is what Apple is signing ATM). Why do this? Apple can void your warranty if you show them a jailbroken device. So you are better off backing it up, restoring and then bringing it in. Many times if it is a hardware problem that cannot be easily fixed, they will swap your iPad out with a refurb (usually).
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix