Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UK iPad locked to carrier.....????

Default UK iPad locked to carrier.....????
    Hi,
    New to all this and having trouble with an iPad 1.
    Previous owner was running it on a 3 uk sim.
    It was jail broken.
    I didn't know better and restored it to remove his details etc... DOH.. (restored it to ios 5.0.1)
    Is now jail broken again with sn0wbreeze 2.9.1
    Now it will only work with an Orange sim.... Which I dont want to use...
    I have tried changing the APN settings.. But nothing there.
    Also the pad is saying that the sim is invalid, and yes it's an ipad sim from 3 UK.
    Any thoughts on where I need to go next, as I say new to this so there may be something I'm missing....
    Thanks.

Just a thought, did you restore it with the Orange SIM in it? If so, I would try to restore it without any SIM in it. Also, before jailbreaking again, test the SIM. I doubt that the jailbreak has anything to do with it, but it is worth checking.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks Imahottguy,
    Tested the sim in another iPad that was using a 3 UK sim and its fine.... full signal.... just seems the Ipad 1 is being a B'#CH.....
    Any one else got any thoughts... Oh also spoke to Orange today and they say that they are not showing it locked to their network....!!!??