+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 wont upgrade to 5.0.1. WHAT?

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I have tried to upgrade my iOS to 5.0.1 before we get the jailbreak for it. I am currently on 4.3.5. I have tried 4 times this afternoon and I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPad 2 wont upgrade to 5.0.1. WHAT?
    I have tried to upgrade my iOS to 5.0.1 before we get the jailbreak for it. I am currently on 4.3.5. I have tried 4 times this afternoon and I keep getting the 3194 error message. I have turned off my firewall and even tried to restore original settings but keep getting 3194. Can anyone give me some ideas to try ?
    TIA
    Yvonne

Thanks

Do you have your hosts file modified to send requests to Cydia? Check out this thread (here), it was one of the results from google since I can't get the search on this site to work right… It might also be that iTunes may be getting a lot of requests due to the jailbreak being released and a lot of people upgrading to get in before the lock.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, I apparently did have it checked. I have been able to upgrade and will now try to jailbreak it.
    Thanks for your help.
    Yvonne

Thanks

No prob, glad to help
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix