+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 1g not allowing 3G, only EDGE.

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
So I recently got a data plan and I have not been able to use the 3G only edge. Now here's the weird part, I'm jail broken on ios 5.0.1
    Thanks

So I recently got a data plan and I have not been able to use the 3G only edge. Now here's the weird part, I'm jail broken on ios 5.0.1 and I installed sbsettings( cause it has the 3G toggle) thinking that would activate the 3G and it worked.
    So here is where I'm asking for help.. I don't mind using the 3G toggle in sbsettings because it works but lets say I was not jail broken, there has to be another way to get 3G on my iPad. I mean that's what it is suppose to do. So does anyone have any information on this or experienced the same problem? Any help is greatly appreciated!
    All I do is turn on cellular data and my 3G is suppose to be turned on when cellular data is active but all I get is EDGE.

I provided a screenshot so you know what I'm talking about. Top left corner...

And another to show you that 3G is only active through sbsettings.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPad 1g not allowing 3G, only EDGE.-imageuploadedbymodmyi1326413907.332086.jpg   iPad 1g not allowing 3G, only EDGE.-imageuploadedbymodmyi1326414456.294576.jpg  
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 01-12-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks

Nobody??

Thanks

Son of a beezy...

Thanks

It should be under settings>network on the iPad 1. If not then I don't know what to tell you because I don't have an iPad 1 just a 2 and it's on 4.3.3.

Thanks

I've compared mine to an iPad 2 and here's what I got.

iPad 1- cellular data on= no 3G, only EDGE.
    IPad 2- cellular data on= 3G is instantly activated.

There is no 3G toggle in settings, when cellular data is on it is suppose to activate 3G. On mine it doesn't..

Thanks for the response

Thanks

The easy way is what your doing with sbsettings. You could also probably dig up a plist that you could edit as well to get 3G to toggle with cellular data. Which it should do just like the iPad 2. There's also some cydia tweaks that can also maybe help you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    The easy way is what your doing with sbsettings. You could also probably dig up a plist that you could edit as well to get 3G to toggle with cellular data. Which it should do just like the iPad 2. There's also some cydia tweaks that can also maybe help you.
    Which is what I figured but my whole thing was it was not working the way it was suppose to. I shouldn't have to use this alternate method to get the 3G working, you know what I mean?
    Thanks for your help though, I appreciate the response.

Thanks

Just a thought, have you tried resetting the network settings? I presume that you are using the included MicroSIM for AT&T right? It should not matter as long as your carrier uses the 3G bands as AT&T. Worst case scenario, you could DFU restore and setup as new. You could then test that the 3G works. That, of course, is worst case. I hope resetting the network settings fixes it for you.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

I have not tried that but that sounds like a good idea.
    A little too late though cause i removed the data plan cause i was frustrated and i don't need it.
    thanks for the reply