+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't update?

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hay mates, sorry my first post has to be a pleed for help, now I currently have a NON 3G - 32GB Ipad 1 running 4.2.1 (8C148) with green poison
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can't update?
    Hay mates, sorry my first post has to be a pleed for help,

now I currently have a NON 3G - 32GB Ipad 1 running 4.2.1 (8C148) with green poison jailbreak

As you can imagine I wanted to get this updated for a while, so now that a JB is out 5.0.1 I decied to update,
    now I like to mention that when it comes to the IOS devices and itunes I am kinda s.p.e.c.i.a.l
    so I fallowed a tutorial that said that if you are not on 5.0.1 yet to restore your ipad to that firmware, so I decide to download a copy of the ipsw the file name is ipad1,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw, and tell my ipad to restore to it, it spits out a error like 32 or 23 or something like that, apparently this can be fixed by putting your Ipad in dfu mode, so I do and try it again, this time I get 1600 unknown error..... my first thought is that (maybe the firmware is curupt?) so I download a different copy from a different site (same file name though) and it spits out the 1600 error again.... now I liked to mention that while I am doing this it was in some weird recovery mode, I don't think it was DFU. So I decide to try to reinstall my old firmware ( had backed up my SHSH blobz with cydia and tiny umbrella) and it still gave me 1600. so I give up and try to do the actual update through iTunes and it still puts out a 1600 error. So my ipad was still in weird black screen land so I had to hard reset it and it's currently up and running back the way it was before I did all this crazy things

I don't know how potent the ipad is to bricking but I don't want to try anything else before I know what I am doing,
    How can I get to 5.0.1 safely? You think it was a freak thing? Or a huge issue, any help is appreciated,
    any if it's any help here is the info on the computer
    Imac (late 2008) Running 10.7.2 (lion) and iTunes 10.5.1 (42)

Again I want to thank any help and please ask me for more info if you need it, I really really aprciate it mates ^_^

Thanks,
    -Marco.P

Thanks

How exactly are putting the iPad in DFU mode? When I was trying to restore my aTV2 to a custom firmware, it would spit out a 1600 error. I bought a nice new USB cable for it and it suddenly worked. Perhaps that is what you need to do?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    How exactly are putting the iPad in DFU mode? When I was trying to restore my aTV2 to a custom firmware, it would spit out a 1600 error. I bought a nice new USB cable for it and it suddenly worked. Perhaps that is what you need to do?
    Well I put it into DFU mode by holding on to the power and home for 10 seconds then holding on to home until itunes said it was in recovery,
    I just used the stander apple USB

Thanks

Do you have your hosts file modified? You are just trying to restore to 5.0.1 right, not modified?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Do you have your hosts file modified? You are just trying to restore to 5.0.1 right, not modified?
    Yes, I want to get to 5.0.1, I should just be able to do the update right, even if my ipad is jailbroken?

Once I get to 5.0.1 I will apply the redsn0w jailbrake witch should be the easy part

and no, if I can I want to avoid modifying my hosts, but if I have to I will do it if I have instructions

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how exactly did you do it...i am having the same problem with my iphone. I have a few usb cables and have tried them..how did you get into dfu and did itunes say you were in dfu or did itunes just say recovery