+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad2 restore error 3194 !!! Help pls.

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Ok so I am trying to restore to 4.3.3 which I have been running on pretty much since buying my iPad2 and I am jailbroken. I loaded a new app
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Question iPad2 restore error 3194 !!! Help pls.
    Ok so I am trying to restore to 4.3.3 which I have been running on pretty much since buying my iPad2 and I am jailbroken. I loaded a new app today and ever since the pad is stuck in reboot mode so I want to restore the iOS and start over, seems thats my only option.

So I downloaded a copy of 4.3.3 and "shift-click" the restore button on iTunes and select the 4.3.3 iOS when in dfu mode and the restore starts then it stops a few seconds later with a "Error 3194". So I searched the web and found the "edit your hosts file" fix, which I did (note, remember to disable your anti-virus when doing this or editing your hosts file is pretty much impossible). However I still get the error when attempting a restore so now I am totally baffled ???

Thoughts ?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I am guessing the error occurs when iTunes says "verifying with Apple"?

you've done the right step with the hosts file fix. i am going to theorise that your firewall might be blocking connection to Cydia servers

try again with firewalls disabled. As soon as you pass the error point, you can turn firewall back on

if that doesnt work
    here's an alternative to cydia try:
    Download TinyUmbrella
    connect your device and open tinyumbrella
    click "Save SHSH"
    click "Run TSS Server" (this will edit your hosts file, your antivirus might have an issue)

attempt shift+restore again. what this does is kinda brings the Cydia server on to your computer - meaning iTunes wont have to communicate with any external website and it wont get blcoked by firewall

remember after all this, you will probably get Error 1016 or some kind of 10XX error and this puts your phone in "restore mode". When this happens just click "Fix Recovery Loop" on TinyUmbrella

best of luck.

ps: if it still wont work, update to 5.0.1 and just wait a week for Pod2G's jailbreak!!!!
    iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1 Clean

Windows 7