+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: factory restoe ipad 2

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I have a iPad 2 on 4.3.3 and jailbroken. is there a way to reset it back to factory settings keeping it on 4.3.3. I have read many post and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default factory restoe ipad 2
    I have a iPad 2 on 4.3.3 and jailbroken. is there a way to reset it back to factory settings keeping it on 4.3.3. I have read many post and am confused whether it can be done or not, and if so what is the process.

Thanks,
    Stephen

Thanks

If your iPad2 is Wifi only or 3G GSM (AT&T model) you can restore using Tiny Umbrella and iTunes of course, if I am not mistaken.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I read that I already downloaded Tiny Umbrella, but cant figure oit how to get it to work.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Just follow what it says open it up. Plug ya iPad in and click save shsh blobs

Make sure after it done ya have them. Then you can restore and pick they fw again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone qbnucca's Avatar
    Thanks

Idk why people tend to think they are helping but making things much more complicated. Simple fix download firmware 4.3.3. Once downloaded go to iTunes hold down the shift key, hit restore, it's going to ask for the 4.3.3 firmware, you go in your computer wherever you downloaded it, select the 4.3.3 firmware and restore. Once it's restored google jailbreakme on your iPad and it's pretty self explanatory from there. You do have to download a specific host file google iPad 4.3.3 jailbreak host file.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,197 Times in 6,977 Posts

^Not as simple as that with an iPad2. Dont need to download any host file either. Tiny umbrella can change hosts to point to cydia (assuming the OP has 4.3.3 SHSH).

OP Which iPad2 do you have? Wifi or 3G? If it is wifi you can restore to 4.3.3 no problem as long as you have 4.3.3 SHSH. If it is a 3G iPad2 then you will not be able to restore to 4.3.3 at all.

Thanks

Bro I just restore my iPad 2 yesterday and you need to change the host file in order for apple servers to let you restore. It's super easy and your making it more complicated.

And I didn't have to use any shsh blobs

Thanks

You need to understand what is going on. When you are changing your hosts file you are changing them from being pointed to Apple to being pointed to cydia. Cydia is what stores your 4.3.3 shsh. You always need shsh to restore. So you are in fact using your 4.3.3 shsh. By changing your hosts file you are telling iTunes to get those shsh from cydia instead of apple (since apple is not giving them out anymore for 4.3.3).

As for simplicity tell me which sounds more difficult:

1: googling what line you need to add to your hosts file then manually going into it and editing it.

2: opening tiny umbrella and clicking a check box to do the same thing in number 1 for you automatically.

Thanks

^^ +1. @qbnucca: TinyUmbrella was made to make things easier for us, why do the leg work if TU already does it for us? Also, the only thing I was off on was the part about 3G iPad2- my bad bout that. Think about those who are not exactly comfortable with modifying a system file such as the hosts file.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 11-29-2011 at 12:20 AM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

No blobs never used them never have never will.

Thanks

You are using them every time but just don't realize it.

Thanks

Please explain since I have neither backed up or downloaded to tiny umbrella.

I've never even downloaded tiny umbrella.

Thanks

I already explained it in post 8. Just by you changing your hosts that can save your SHSH to cydia. No tiny umbrella needed.