Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Remove "no service" icon

Default Remove "no service" icon
    Is there a way to remove the "no service" icon at the top left corner? I'm gonna be using a 3G ipad2 without data plan. I will have a deactivated sim card in it to get rid of the "no sim" pop up. But does anyone know a way to get ride of the "no service" icon. The iPad will be jailbroken so are there any tweaks in cydia? Thanks

You can change it to whatever you want if it is Jailbroken. Go to "/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj" and open "SpringBoard.strings". It is a simple text file. Scroll to line "NO_SERVICE" = "No Service"; and change "No Service" to whatever you want. Save it when finished and then respring. You may have to reboot to have the changes take effect. I just looked this up using iFile (via Cydia), you can use it to make the changes. Hope this helps :-)
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 11-23-2011 at 04:08 PM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thank you. I knew something could be done.

No prob, glad to help
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix