+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JB'd 4.2.1 ipad 1 to jb 4.3

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
right now im runnning a ipad1 with JB 4.2.1. i would like to go to 4.3 and still be JB. i dont want to go to ios 5 because i
    Green Apple
    Thanks

right now im runnning a ipad1 with JB 4.2.1. i would like to go to 4.3 and still be JB. i dont want to go to ios 5 because i heard its much slower on ipad 1... is there a jb for 4.3? and how do i do it? im on 4.2.1 right now

basically, i want to go to 4.3.3 to use jailbreakme 3.0.. how do i upgrade to 4.3.3 and not to ios5?

Thanks

I don't know where you heard that iOS5 is slow for iPad1; it runs perfectly fine for me. Anyhow, to upgrade to 4.3.3 first you must verify that you have SHSH blobs for 4.3.3. Get TinyUmbrella to check for SHSH files. If you have the SHSH files, then it is as simple as downloading the proper firmware file and then pointing iTunes to it by either holding shift (windows) or cmd (Mac) and then clicking on restore. I try to DFU restore if I am having problems with my device. But if it is fine, then DFU is not nesseccary. If you don't have the SHSH blobs, then you will either have to stay where you are at, or upgrade to 5.0
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Green Apple
    Thanks

well there are so many articles everywhere of ipad1 being alot slower with ios 5 vs 4.3.3. mostly mail and safari crashing all the time and taking 10 seconds to start. and other slow things. 5 second screen unlock

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16583334#16583334

thats one of dozens of threads. some guy noticed, though, that by turning off icloud for mail and bookmarks, that it was fast.

no problems for you?

i just checked... i have blobs for 4.3.3. where are they stored? or i dont have to worry i can just install?

if ever choose ios5 is it possible to downgrade since i have 4.3.3 blobs?

Thanks

Use TinyUmbrella to restore to 4.3.3, just click start TSS server n TinyUmbrella then shift click restore or cmd click restore for Mac in iTunes and it'll work. If you have a wifi only iPad then you can go to 5.0 and downgrade to 4.3.3 if you want to check it out, but if it's a 3G iPad you can downgrade.

Green Apple
    Thanks

cool.. so if i go to ios 5, my shsh blobs are somehow saved on my ipad? in case i want to go back to 4.3.3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kofman13 View Post
    cool.. so if i go to ios 5, my shsh blobs are somehow saved on my ipad? in case i want to go back to 4.3.3
    They're saved on TinyUmbrella's or Cydia's depending on what saved them. When you get ready to restore you start the TSS server in TinyUmbrella and it edits your hosts file so that when iTunes tries to connect to the Apple servers, it connects to TinyUmbrella's TSS server instead.

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks for your help. i just installed 4.3.3 fine. waiting for untethered 5.0 jb before i try that

Thanks

Yea me too, I've got an iPad 2 so I couldn't even tether iOS 5 to check it out. . Glad you got it going.

Thanks

If you have a wifi only iPad then you can go to 5.0 and downgrade to 4.3.3 if you want to check it out..
    A lot of them are used for things like mathematical modelling of climate change, objects in space moving around another etc.