Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Who is the greatest iPad genius of them all?

Default Who is the greatest iPad genius of them all?
    Im having the same issue this guy is having, and haven't found any help online. So I'm looking for a genius to helps us both out. Beside it's a new iPad problem maybe someone on here knows something. Take a shot you might be the one who figures the solution. Good luck guys.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6103640AAu2mtt

P.S. I've exchange my iPad three times and the same issue with each jail broken one. It's really annoying but not unbearable.

Why does my jailbroken iPad 2 constantly go dim then lock itself. It does it while watching movies, games etc?
    It's doing this no matter what I'm doing, and it's very constant. I have two jail broken iPad 2, and I had this issue with both anyone know a reason or solution?

Did this occur before your iPad was Jailbroken?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Is auto-lock enabled? It is by default, unless you disable it with SBSettings or the settings.app that's going to happen every time you haven't touched the screen in two minutes.

What I was thinking too, but why would they let this person exchange it because it is auto locking? @OP do you have some sort of exchange profile (corporate device?) or something installed that would require the device to auto lock?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

No only after but I've had three with the same problem.

No I have a friend at the apple store, and this happends while I'm playing games while I'm touching the screen. It does this all the time. I shut off on me while I was typing this.

Oh, wow that's really strange, especially since it's happened on three of them. I have no idea bro, sorry.

What hacks/mods had you performed to your iPad before it started this problem? What do you have installed on it through Cydia? I am beginning to wonder, only because I can't think of anything else, if you have unscrupulous sources added and have installed a few select pieces of software that we are not allowed to discuss on these forums. I am not accusing you of anything, I am just trying to be thorough.

This must be software related, and I would guess that it is on the users end, not the system. One thing to try: put the iPad in DFU mode and restore it to whichever firmware you could. Most likely you would have to upgrade to 5.0 and be without a Jailbreak (for now). Once restored, set up the iPad as new, not from a backup, and it should work just fine. If this doesn't fix your error, then you are doing something wrong, or you have the worst luck in the world- I highly doubt the latter . Good luck

Could his iTunes backup somehow get corrupted? Since it's been three different iPads, it has to be something he's done with every new iPad. So it's either what you said or something with iTunes, I think.

I have very few tweaks I have deleted all of them with the same issue. I think this guy is right maybe my iTunes or my computer is corrupted in some type of was I will be restoring my computer and reinstalling iTunes again to make sure.

You could try using s different computer if you have access to one. Also if you are downloading your firmware then shift clicking restore, try just clicking restore and letting iTunes download the firmware or download it from a different source than you usually do.

Ok I'm back restored on a different computer jail broken on 4.3.3 just installed back light dimmer, cydelete,iflie,Infiniti folders, installous4,loctopus,mail enhancer,mewseek,multi cleaner, multi mover,safari downloader, sbs settings,synchronicity,your tube hd, and I'm still having the problem. I did delete and reinstalled light dimmer it made no difference. Hopefully someone can solve this annoying issue.

Try uninstalling backlight dimmer and leaving it uninstalled, then see if it does still does it.

That app was recently released and it started since the 4.3.3 jailbreak. I've always had the problem

I can't believe I'm the only one having this issue.
    Last edited by qbnucca; 11-02-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Try restoring one more time, this time when it asks if you want to restore from back up or setup as a new iPad, click setup as new iPad. Maybe something's weird with the settings on your iPad and every time you restore it puts those settings back on it. If that's the case setting up as new iPad should fix it. If that doesn't work, I'm stumped, so I hope it does.

Did it made no difference it's so crazy that I'm the only one affected by this.