Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Considering iCloud storage upgrade

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Considering iCloud storage upgrade
    I originally posted this in the iCloud thread on Apple Discussions, but like every other time I've used that board, I didn't get any responses, only lots of people viewing it. You figure with all the Apple fanatics out there I would have gotten something, but whenever I get the answer I'm looking for, it never comes from there. Lesson learned.

Anyway. . .

I currently have an iPad 2 3G and an iPhone 4 32GB. I've updated the firmware on the iPad 2 to 5.0 and therefore have iCloud. It's setup and working fine, but due to the meager 5GB storage, not enough to backup the iPad. I'm thinking of upgrading the storage to 15GB and paying the $20; I'm reluctant to pay any more than that until I see how it works.

Here's the thing: I'm considering updating the iPhone 4 to 5.0 as well and therefore would also have that device on iCloud. So the combined backups from both devices is what's got me in a bit of a bind, because I don't know how much space the iPhone 4 would use for its backup.

So I wanted to get some feedback from people who already have iCloud in use for both devices so I can get an idea as to how I might proceed.

Any information or feedback is appreciated, thanks!

My iPad backup is only 400MB, how large is yours?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    My iPad backup is only 400MB, how large is yours?
    It's 6.5GB; I ended up upgrading the storage to 15GB for now. I'm not completely sold on the iCloud yet, it seems to have a few bugs in it still, but I'm keeping an open mind for now. I've had the devil of a time performing a backup. Seems the only way I'm able to do it so far is to enable backup and then turn it off and walk away. If I turn it on to check on the status of the back, it fails.