Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 1004 in AppStore. Help?

Default Error 1004 in AppStore. Help?
    When I try to download an app or update one I get error 1004 please try again later. It started last night and I haven't installed any thing from Cydia in a few days so I don't think it's a tweak causing it. Game center also can't load anything, I don't know if they are related but they started at the same time. I googled and tried everything I found, from reseting all settings to clearing safari history, cookies and cache, and removing and re-adding credit card info. I haven't tried restoring but I read a lot of people tried restoring and it didn't work, I do have my blobs saved so I'll probably try if I can't fix it un a couple days. Any help guys?

Also, I don't use anything to get free apps from the AppStore, I've paid for everyone.
    Last edited by emerica6708; 10-24-2011 at 07:02 PM.

I figured it out, the new update to User Agent Faker in Cydia was causing the problem, I installed and uninstalled many times to make sure, even did a clean restore and installed only UAF and I got the error 1004 popup. If you haven't updated already, I wouldn't do it until this can be fixed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to emerica6708 For This Useful Post:

cuba1804 (10-25-2011)

Default Error 1004 Appstore Iphone
    Yes, Yes, Yes. That´s it. It was the UserAgent Faker update.
    Thank you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Legend!!!!
    @emerica6708, you are an absolute legend!!!!!!
    I spent all day on forums and google trying to fix this stupid "error 1004 please try again later" on my iphone 4. The UA faker update (which I updated yesterday) was also preventing me from using ebay and gumtree (an Aussie app similar to ebay).

I joined up on this forum just to thank you. I tried everything else on other forums from resetting all settings, clearing cookies,history and cache on safari, logging in and out of appstore and many more. Removed UA faker and all good now. Thank you
    Last edited by cuba1804; 10-25-2011 at 05:59 AM.

Removing UA Faker fixed the problem for me as well.
    I was getting the "1004" app store error and issues with the eBay app.
    Thanks for figuring it out!
    PS: the developer is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.
    Last edited by tys; 10-25-2011 at 06:29 AM.

You're the man (or woman, for that matter), emerica! Excellent job figuring this out. I reposted your solution in a couple of other places since this one was hard to find.

Thank you !

No problem guys, glad I could help you out.

Default A true genius!!!
    Thank you very much for correctly diagnosing the cause @emerica6708!!!

I have spent 2 days on various forums to find a solution to this annoying error message. I just uninstalled the UAF and everything is back to normal now. I don't need this tweak anyway because I'm using Atomic Browser now.

Luckily I have only tried out logging out of appstore and re-logging and didn't go to the extend of resetting all my settings or even a restore. Thought I should research more on a more credible solution. I was very lucky to come across your post!!!

Once again Thank you very much. I can sleep peacefully tonight
    Last edited by shdeepal; 10-26-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shdeepal View Post
    Thank you very much for correctly diagnosing the cause @emerica6708!!!

I have spent 2 days on various forums to find a solution to this annoying error message. I just uninstalled the UAF and everything is back to normal now. I don't need this tweak anyway because I'm using Atomic Browser now.

Luckily I have only tried out logging out of appstore and re-logging and didn't go to the extend of resetting all my settings or even a restore. Thought I should research more on a more credible solution. I was very lucky to come across your post!!!

Once again Thank you very much. I can sleep peacefully tonight
    No problem, I'm glad I could help people not have to go threw everything I did to try and fix it.

There was an update to User Agent Faker that fixes this issue, I installed it and everything is still working. If anybody needs UAF it's safe to install now.