+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: eFun aPen

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
so heres this pen for the ipad/iphone that digitally captures your pen strokes and well you get the picture. now , the device should be around 99 dollars once released.
    Thanks

Default eFun aPen
    eFun aPen-efunpen01eng600.jpg

so heres this pen for the ipad/iphone that digitally captures your pen strokes and well you get the picture. now , the device should be around 99 dollars once released. heres the articles clip:

Want to write on your tablet without all of the requisite finger grease? How about a stylus? Too pedestrian? What about a Smart Pen? Better yet, what about the aPen A5 Smart Pen? eFun's peripheral includes a stylus and a receiver that hooks into your iPad or iPhone's 30 pin connector, digitizing your handwriting or drawings via a number of compatible apps, including the company's own free Studio Basic Light. The A5 is set, broadly, for a release some time in 2012, and should run you around $99 whenever it actually hits the market.
    by: Brian Heater and Zach Honig
    so the device claims to "digitize your handwriting or drawings".....im i the only one thinking that the ipad does that without this accesory? autodesk sketchbook or Brushes "digitizes" whatever you do on the display...so why do i need a 99 dollart accesory? opinions?

source: eFun announces aPen A5 Smart Pen for all of your iPad / iPhone writing needs -- Engadget
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    so the device claims to "digitize your handwriting or drawings".....im i the only one thinking that the ipad does that without this accesory? autodesk sketchbook or Brushes "digitizes" whatever you do on the display...so why do i need a 99 dollart accesory? opinions?
    I think a 99 dollart acccesory is likely to digitize more accurately and cleanly than using your thumbs.

OTOH, a $10 accessory may be just as good...

Edit:
    I'm not sure how accurate the iPad's touchscreen is,
    but it's quite possible the aPen will provide much higher resolution data than the built-in digitizer alone.
    Last edited by raduga; 10-20-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Thanks

maybe but look at it this way, whatever your capturing using the device, u see also on the ipad. so if u have a device that captures better then the ipad but are drawing on the ipad, then ur still limited to the iPads resolution. i have a pen for my ipad that cost 6 bucks and its all good for me on sketch book pro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    maybe but look at it this way, whatever your capturing using the device, u see also on the ipad. so if u have a device that captures better then the ipad but are drawing on the ipad, then ur still limited to the iPads resolution. i have a pen for my ipad that cost 6 bucks and its all good for me on sketch book pro
    The iPad's visual resolution could be much higher than its digitizer resolution.
    I haven't been able to find hard numbers, but the digitizer FEELS much clumsier than the screen.
    Notice how nearly all styli for iDevices have a very blunt tip?

If you have any factual data on the digitizer res (or have seen or use a fine-tip stylus)
    please do share

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    The iPad's visual resolution could be much higher than its digitizer resolution.
    I haven't been able to find hard numbers, but the digitizer FEELS much clumsier than the screen.
    Notice how nearly all styli for iDevices have a very blunt tip?

If you have any factual data on the digitizer res (or have seen or use a fine-tip stylus)
    please do share
    i dont lol