+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Keep getting "Error 1004 please try again later" on iPad 2

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
All of the sudden when I try to update apps on my iPad 2 from the App Store I keep getting "Error 1004 please try again later." I can update
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Keep getting "Error 1004 please try again later" on iPad 2
    All of the sudden when I try to update apps on my iPad 2 from the App Store I keep getting "Error 1004 please try again later."

I can update my iPhone 4 apps with no problem.

Anyone knows what's up with this?

Thanks

It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Finally fixed it. For those whom may get this error 1004, here's the simple solution.

I got a message saying that I am running low on disk space and that I should delete fotos, videos etc. I did and then went back to the app store to update my apps and they all updated normally.

So error 1004 is associated with low disk space.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys,
    I had this problem and after a couple of trials, I found that the problem seems to be related with the Cell phone data, I turned off and then it works...
    Worked for me, easy to give it a try!
    Regards
    Jay

Thanks

I was getting that for a while early Saturday morning when the app store appeared to be down. Anytime I have problems updating apps I jump on Twitter & search for app store down and usually see tweets from all over the world reporting the same snafus. It's the best way I've found to first check if the problem is your device or apple id, or apple itself.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Do you have User Agent Faker installed?
    If you're jailbroken and you have the User Agent Faker installed, then look no further, a recent update to it causes this.

Just uninstall it for now, reboot and it should work. I also had to sign out of my App Store account, reboot and sign back in, and voilą... I'm back on track.

I have spent about 8 hours since yesterday trying everything I could find, but hadn't come across the User Agent Faker problem until now. I was almost ready to renounce technology and move to Alaska.

If this still doesn't work, try all the other suggestions such as clearing cache, cookies and history from Safari and making sure your credit card info in the App Store is up to date.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to salavma For This Useful Post:

lanulos (10-25-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone lanulos's Avatar
    Thanks

There is a newer update to User Agent Faker which gets rid of the 1004 error; I was able to update 5 of 6 apps but one pesky app fails to update. I don't know if that is UAF's fault or the Apple servers. I will try uninstalling UAF.

EDIT: By the way, this is on an iPod3 running 4.1 jailbroken with greepois0n. Before uninstalling UAF I tried rebooting. The one app still wouldn't update. I uninstalled UAF and resprung, still no update. Then I rebooted, and then the app was able to update. It could still be an Apple server issue which just happened to get resolved in that time. But anyway, I have been having other transient issues with the app store, (sometimes opens then recloses; sometimes immediately asks for my password before I do anything; sometimes says "Unable to purchase" but then the install works anyway, etc.), so I will see if having UAF gone clears up those issues over the next week or so.
    Last edited by lanulos; 10-25-2011 at 04:34 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, salavma and Ianulos, saved me a trip to Alaska!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPod recovery
    Quote Originally Posted by lanulos View Post
    There is a newer update to User Agent Faker which gets rid of the 1004 error; I was able to update 5 of 6 apps but one pesky app fails to update. I don't know if that is UAF's fault or the Apple servers. I will try uninstalling UAF.

EDIT: By the way, this is on an iPod3 running 4.1 jailbroken with greepois0n. Before uninstalling UAF I tried rebooting. The one app still wouldn't update. I uninstalled UAF and resprung, still no update. Then I rebooted, and then the app was able to update. It could still be an Apple server issue which just happened to get resolved in that time. But anyway, I have been having other transient issues with the app store, (sometimes opens then recloses; sometimes immediately asks for my password before I do anything; sometimes says "Unable to purchase" but then the install works anyway, etc.), so I will see if having UAF gone clears up those issues over the next week or so.

Hello friend!
    If you ever lose your data on the iPod then you can safely recover it using the Stellar phoenix iPod recovery software.