Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4 apps on iOS 5

Default iOS 4 apps on iOS 5
    Hey everybody,
    im somewhat brand new to the whole developer thing and i was wondering after watching todays WWDC keynote about iOS 5 i was thinking about compatibility with the applications. If i download the developer betas onto my ipad 2 will ios4 apps be compatible with ios5. I think i remember that when it went from iOS3 to 4 there were compatibility issues. I use my ipad on a regular daily basis and would be concerned about most apps not being compatible with ios5.. any thoughts on this would help. thans so much!

By the time the official iOS5 drops, most if not all App Store apps will be compatible. Also, quite a few JB tweaks will be updated as well in time. Unless you are a Dev, you should stay away from betas. They are buggy, and are very difficult to downgrade from. Some of the betas in the past have had show-stopping bugs... Just food for thought. At this point it is quite unclear what, if any, issues non-compatible apps will have in the betas.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix