+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 volume question.

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I just bought an iPad 2 yesterday and I quickly noticed something strange about it... When you hold the vol- button for more than a half-second, the volume jumps all
    iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPad 2 volume question.
    I just bought an iPad 2 yesterday and I quickly noticed something strange about it...
    When you hold the vol- button for more than a half-second, the volume jumps all the way down. It's like having a second mute switch. I just wanted to know if this was normal or if I got a broken iPad.

(Can't return it even if it is broken 'cause I bought the last one)

Ps. I typed this on the iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5h4d0w View Post
    I just bought an iPad 2 yesterday and I quickly noticed something strange about it...
    When you hold the vol- button for more than a half-second, the volume jumps all the way down. It's like having a second mute switch. I just wanted to know if this was normal or if I got a broken iPad.

Thats how mine works too. dont know why, doenst make much sense. oh well, i guess.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, that's good to know. Other than this and the fact that I am going through jailbreak withdrawal I'm loving this thing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lacsap65's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5h4d0w View Post

Don't worry, it's normal.

Thanks

You don't like that? I love that feature, and thank gawl Apple actually allowed us to change the toggle switch back to orientation lock. It seems silly that one can so easily mute the device by holding down that volume keys and then also have a switch to mute only certain sounds? Meh... Also, when the iPad2 JB comes out, using activator, you can suppress the muting action of holding the vol down key, if you like.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix