+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible to transfer a grandfathered-in unlimted iPhone unlimited data plan to 3G iPad?

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
My Brother passed his iPhone 3GS on to our mother when we upgraded to iPhone 4 handsets. He still pays $30 a month for unlimited data on it even though
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Possible to transfer a grandfathered-in unlimted iPhone unlimited data plan to 3G iPad?
    My Brother passed his iPhone 3GS on to our mother when we upgraded to iPhone 4 handsets. He still pays $30 a month for unlimited data on it even though she doesn't use it (typical "mom"). It's kind of a waste. We do think she would use an iPad and it would be more intuitive for her than a computer, which she often struggles with online and it becomes our burden.

Is there a way to transfer our unlimited data plan from her iPhone 4 to an iPad unlimited data plan?
    Last edited by CZroe; 05-23-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks

No, it cannot be transferred. Even if you add a new line for the iPad (I believe you can now put iPads on post-paid accounts), unlimited data for iPhone is different than unlimited data for iPad. That is most likely why they name those features that way. Sorry. 2GB of data is a lot ya know...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix