+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone to iPad

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Been trying to "justify" getting and iPad. I take a bazillion pics-I should've taken job with NGS. Biggest qualm I have with iPhone is that it doesn't have memory card
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone to iPad
    Been trying to "justify" getting and iPad. I take a bazillion pics-I should've taken job with NGS. Biggest qualm I have with iPhone is that it doesn't have memory card so if my Mac isn't around I can't download- no I'm not going MobileMe them it took 12min to upload 1:30sec video clip and my clips are usually 4-6min. I was told you can download pics/videos from iPhone to iPad...GREAT! I went online to chat with Apple Help and the guy said yes I can do that. So I buy an iPad2 at Best Buy and trundle on over to Apple Store to have them "show me" how to download. Talk about bursting my happy *** bubble they say it can't be done, but can with "regular digital camera." WTF!! Im sorry but that's frikn STUPID! what part of the iPhone camera is NOT digital!? So I returned the iPad. I truly LOVE my iPhone but stupid stuff like this really fries my butt.

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottw03's Avatar
    Thanks

They mean a stand-alone camera, not a smartphone camera. You realize you could just email your self the pictures and video and then download them on the iPad. or just keep them on the iPhone and wait until you get home and then download them to your computer. Takes a few minutes and then you are done. Do you really need the pictures and video immediately off the iPhone and onto something else?

What I don't like is that you can email pictures and then when you get them on your idevice you can select save to camera roll. But when you get video emailed to you, all you can do it watch them. You can't save them to your camera roll. And it is video emailed to me from my wife's iPhone 4. So that doesn't make any sense to me.

It would be nice to just hook up the idevices together and be able to transfer pictures and video to each other.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got ATT: No bars in more places. Going to WY you know damn well there ain't gonna be coverage there. But the logic
    of it a defies me. With all the technology in the iPad2 my "smart" phone ain't smart enough to download to an iPad
    buy a frikn SureShot can! This ain't Big Bang stuff. Oh well it is what it is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottw03's Avatar
    Thanks

I completely agree with you. It would be nice to be able to sync idevices that you own (ones that use the same Apple iTunes account) together.

Maybe in a later revision that might come about.

Thanks

There are a bunch of Bluetooth transfer apps in the App Store. They only work between iOS devices, so iPhone to iPad would have worked. BT transfer rates are pretty quick, and are network independent. Also, a few of the apps available are free to boot.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak? johnmarshall4's Avatar
    Thanks

Photo transfer app is a good one, also photo synch. Or you can buy the camera connection kit and transfer with the USB cable.
    @johnwmarshall4 - I make Remote Conductor and occasionally blog.

Thanks

I recommend to go for something that transfers through USB 2.0.
    More photo apps are detailed here.