+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cases compatible with the Smart Cover?

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Along with many others, I love the Smart Cover's functionality, but don't like the fact it doesn't protect the back. Does anyone know if more case makers will consider making
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cases compatible with the Smart Cover?
    Along with many others, I love the Smart Cover's functionality, but don't like the fact it doesn't protect the back.

Does anyone know if more case makers will consider making their cases Smart Cover compatible? I particularly love Incipio products, but it doesn't seem like this idea is in their plans.

I did find this one, but it isn't available yet:

MicroShell iPad 2 case

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottw03's Avatar
    Thanks

I like it. I plan on doing the same kind of thing. get a smart cover but also want something to cover the back that doesn't add a lot of bulk to it. I already bookmarked this for future purchase.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Came across this old thread after a Google search, though I'd share my findings for a compatible case for 15 dollars on Amazon.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Black-Companion-Compatible-Flexible-Verizon/dp/B004VFKANM/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&m=A2X1DSC0SAJ94E&s=generic&qid =1302837078&sr=1-19]Amazon.com: Black Smart Cover Companion Compatible TPU Skin Flexible Hard Gel Case Cover for Apple iPad 2 16GB 32GB 64GB WiFi Verizon AT&T: Electronics[/ame]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just bought one from XGear and it arrived in the mail today,

it's not bad but pricey! $36 for a piece of plastic on the back.

Here's the link:

Protection for Your iPad, iPhone, iPod, And MacBook

whoa this one looks nice,

wish I got this one instead, no price tho.

Protection for Your iPad, iPhone, iPod, And MacBook

EDIT: After using it for a while, I actually advise AGAINST buying the xgear black one... it's a finger print/oil magnet
    Last edited by liutszho; 04-15-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Here is what I ordered... I bought just the back for $19.95 plus shipping. And it works well with the smart cover also! Real easy to apply.

iCarbons — iPad 2
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 04-15-2011 at 09:54 PM.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

I added a gelakin to the back of my iPad 2. I think it's a perfect combo with the smart cover. It only offers scratch protection but that's all I need.

Last edited by glassJAw; 04-23-2011 at 10:27 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just got my microshell case from Marware. I like the way it fits but the two ridges down the back kinda bug me, when I ordered it I thought that it looked like grooves in the back. But I just saw that Incipo is coming out with a feather case that will work with the smart cover.*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sledbrat View Post
    I just got my microshell case from Marware. I like the way it fits but the two ridges down the back kinda bug me, when I ordered it I thought that it looked like grooves in the back. But I just saw that Incipo is coming out with a feather case that will work with the smart cover.*
    post link or ban.

What are the ridges for in the back?
    Last edited by scottw03; 04-23-2011 at 06:31 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here is the feather link.
    iPad 2 Smart feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case

And here's the microshell link
    MicroShell iPad 2 case

No clue what the ridges are for. Grip maybe, but imo in would just sand them off my case.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sledbrat View Post
    Here is the feather link.
    iPad 2 Smart feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case

And here's the microshell link
    MicroShell iPad 2 case

No clue what the ridges are for. Grip maybe, but imo in would just sand them off my case.

That is what I am thinking too.

Thanks

I am going to order one of these also... the main reason is because they offer the colors of the smart cover...

The Smart feather® for iPad 2 allows full coverage of your device while in use with Apple's Smart Cover. We have designed our feather® color selection to match your Smart Cover for a classic look. If you prefer to mix and match, an array of 11 colors offers plenty of selection.

Incipio iPad 2 Smart feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case, iPad 2 Cases, iPad 2G Cases, iPad Accessories, iPad Covers, iPad Skins, iPad Hard Shell Cases, iPad 2 Protectors

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I am going to order one of these also... the main reason is because they offer the colors of the smart cover...

The Smart feather® for iPad 2 allows full coverage of your device while in use with Apple's Smart Cover. We have designed our feather® color selection to match your Smart Cover for a classic look. If you prefer to mix and match, an array of 11 colors offers plenty of selection.

Incipio iPad 2 Smart feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case, iPad 2 Cases, iPad 2G Cases, iPad Accessories, iPad Covers, iPad Skins, iPad Hard Shell Cases, iPad 2 Protectors
    yeah I was looking at that one too. I want something that is going to be low profile and not add bulk to something that is already thin. Just something to protect the back from scratches so if I decide to sell it later for the iPad 3 it will be in good shape.

Think I will get this and the smart cover.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Switcheasy Canvas for Ipad 2. You can't go wrong!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ion-factory CarbonCover for iPad 2 here something that comes with a smart cover of it's own. I like this slot I may just replace my already dirty smart cover.

Thanks

I got the back for my iPad and I am in love with it! It matches the smart cover color and texture. They did a excellent job on it and I am VERY pleased with it! Makes me want to order another color to have on hand now.. lol

It also comes with a screen protector!