Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 2 availability retail?

Default iPad 2 availability retail?
    Hey guys, was wondering if the Apple stores truly did have new shipments of iPad 2s coming in today. I couldn't find any articles proving or disproving the rumor from a few days ago.

If Monday is the magical day, I'll camp out in front of the local Apple store this coming Monday

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Best Buy had some today when I dropped by

Unfortunately, I'm in tech-hungry NYC.

Thanks for the input, but I am more interested in knowing if the Apple stores got new stock for sale today as rumored. I'm sure there was something resembling a line before they opened this morning, some happy, some not so happy!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Best Buy had some today when I dropped by
    What city? Just curious.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

San Antonio

Stock is limited so it will difficult.

My local Best Buy had two white 64GB iPad 2s yesterday. I went back today and they only have one left. They wouldn't sell it to me though saying that Apple suddenly told their small regional stores to stop selling any they have in stock. They couldn't explain it any more than that unfortunately. Anyone ever hear of something like this? 4.3.1? Bug fixes? Hardware problems?

I was at target and they had quite a few. And they had been on the shelf for awhile. (San Diego)
    PS3 ID : glassJAw624 : add it

Thanks

Well there's One way to find out. Order it from the Site"Apple Site of course" and if there is some in stock which it will tell you on the site..then Yes they have some. You can't do that with Best Buy since all their orders our in store orders only.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

I was fortunate to walk in and get one at my local apple store and I recently left from their for an appointment with an apple genius and noticed that there were several people coming in and purchasing iPad 2's with no problem. Then again, I don't know what model they were getting or the model you are seeking.

P.S this is in Baton Rouge, LA
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

The apple store here seems to have about 10 a day
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

I know a lot of the apple store employees here in town and they told me they are receiving shipments every morning of about 10 units per model configuration on the 16/32 models and about 10 per each 64 wifi model and 5 per 64 AT&T/Verizon model. So that makes about 150 per day on average.... It may seem like a lot but the apple store where I live does A LOT of business and they still sell out on a daily basis with people still showing up every morning to try and get their hands on one when they open at 9am.... They're opening early strictly to sell iPads.....Like I said, this is what I was told.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Anyone know where to get one like a store credit card besides target and best buy?

The Apple Store online has shipping down to 1 to 2 weeks now instead of the 2 to 3 weeks it was about a week or so ago.

I'm stuck... I have Best buy gift card to burn...but no ipad 2's in stock over there. I've been calling daily. It's pretty silly actually...I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Double C View Post
    I'm stuck... I have Best buy gift card to burn...but no ipad 2's in stock over there. I've been calling daily. It's pretty silly actually...I give up.
    Some Best Buy stores still have an employee model called "CA". You call this person, ask them about a product, and then ask them to put one aside for you at customer service. They usually need some confirmation, IE: Phone number + ETA on your part, but it's worth a shot. You need to not call a specific department, but rather ask for a "Best Buy Representative", or "Operator", whatever your local stores automated derivative.

This person is mainly sitting at a cubicle, taking your orders/questions in a distant corner of the store, whilst wearing a Bluetooth headset, so they're able to physically get up, go get your iPad2, and hold it for you.

Worth a shot Double C, Good Luck.

Thanks

Florida Mall Orlando has had quite a few lately although you have to get there early they have been opening the mall doors at 6am and the store at 9am..

Crazy......even here in AZ...........100 people in the apple store and not an ipad 2 to be had!
    June 6th!
    One clueless associate says they are out of stock......the next whispers......maybe we have one.....LOL!
    So clueless!