Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to find out what is causing the "Giant iPod Touch" on reboot.

Default How to find out what is causing the "Giant iPod Touch" on reboot.
    Okay, I was going to reply to a thread with this, but thought it may be more useful if I make a new thread.

A bit of background info: what causes the "Giant iPod Touch" mode is a MobileSubstrate extension. Which one? Well, that is hard to say exactly. But we can find out, and contact the Dev, or Devs, so they can fix it. Below is how to determine which extension is causing it on your device.

NOTE: Turning off extensions via SBSettings can be potentially dangerous for your device. Heed this warning. I have never had to restore because of it, but it is possible that it could happen. You have been warned!

To check which MS extension is causing this, on your device, pull up the More App in SBSettings and then tap on Mobile Substrate Addons. Turn off one extension, hit the home button. The device will respring so it can disable the extension you just turned off. After the respring turn your device off properly, and then turn it on. If the giant iPhone mode still occurs, repeat the process, but turn back on the extension you had previoulsy turned off, so that only one extension is off at a time. If it is fixed, contact the developer of the extension, letting them know what is happening, please provide as much info as possible. Take a screenshots of the lockscreen and home screen if they don't know what you are talking about. This is how I found out that ScrollingBoard was causing the issue on my ipad. I have since contacted Limneos via twitter about the issue. Hopefully, he will fix it and push out an update soon. Does this help? Please provide feedback!

Also, it may be more than one extension that is causing the problem. If people that find out a specific extension is causing it on their device, please post it, so others can test to see if it is causing it on their device too. Does that make sense? Sorry, I'm a bit sleepy right now. I can haz sleep now...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Imahottguy For This Useful Post:

davidmaiden18183 (03-07-2011)

thanks for the info. I will give it a try. You have been thanked.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to davidmaiden18183 For This Useful Post:

Imahottguy (03-09-2011)

You have been thanked, for thanking my post that deserved a thanks! :-)
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

I don't know what was causing the giant iPod problem, but the issue has been cleared up for me. I guess it was a recent update, but I don't remember which one. Scrolling board maybe. I also recently swapped out folder enhancer for the paid version (I didn't realize my version was an evaluation version until I got an alert).

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    If people that find out a specific extension is causing it on their device, please post it, so others can test to see if it is causing it on their device too.
    Apologies for bumping an old thread, but just want to note Animate Fix is probably the culprit. I had this bug on my iPad and it stopped when I uninstalled the fix. You can even see something's not right because you get the respring spinner after the logo runs. (Note, it runs before SpringBoard starts so it can't be disabled in SBSettings)

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Okay, I was going to reply to a thread with this, but thought it may be more useful if I make a new thread.

A bit of background info: what causes the "Giant iPod Touch" mode is a MobileSubstrate extension. Which one? Well, that is hard to say exactly. But we can find out, and contact the Dev, or Devs, so they can fix it. Below is how to determine which extension is causing it on your device.

NOTE: Turning off extensions via SBSettings can be potentially dangerous for your device. Heed this warning. I have never had to restore because of it, but it is possible that it could happen. You have been warned!

To check which MS extension is causing this, on your device, pull up the More App in SBSettings and then tap on Mobile Substrate Addons. Turn off one extension, hit the home button. The device will respring so it can disable the extension you just turned off. After the respring turn your device off properly, and then turn it on. If the giant iPhone mode still occurs, repeat the process, but turn back on the extension you had previoulsy turned off, so that only one extension is off at a time. If it is fixed, contact the developer of the extension, letting them know what is happening, please provide as much info as possible. Take a screenshots of the lockscreen and home screen if they don't know what you are talking about. This is how I found out that ScrollingBoard was causing the issue on my ipad. I have since contacted Limneos via twitter about the issue. Hopefully, he will fix it and push out an update soon. Does this help? Please provide feedback!

Also, it may be more than one extension that is causing the problem. If people that find out a specific extension is causing it on their device, please post it, so others can test to see if it is causing it on their device too. Does that make sense? Sorry, I'm a bit sleepy right now. I can haz sleep now...
    you were talking about the Gaint IPOD touch...!!!
    I can't find this...!!!
    Can you please upload a picture of this?