+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: viber working on ipad

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
part1 just got viber working on my ipad ,now i can use it as an iphone if i needed to ,tested all working heres what i did ,,,on jailbroken ipad
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default viber working on ipad
    part1
    just got viber working on my ipad ,now i can use it as an iphone if i needed to ,tested all working heres what i did ,,,on jailbroken ipad installed swirly mms on cydia which is free ,download viber when installing it says not compatible ,,ignore it,,it will send code to ipad by mms thats why u need swirly mms installed first ,,,my sim card is a normal payg sim which has been cut down with a sim cutter to fit ipad,it maybe old news but thought i would share anyway as i found this out by testing options myself cheers

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

This sounds pretty cool.

Just to confirm, you're saying that you're using a SIM with cellular voice service, in an iPad, and basically using your iPad as an iPhone with cell voice service and SMS, correct? (kind of like what the galaxy tab does)
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

Green Apple
    Thanks

using it as data ,like skype, but no registration need or credit using viber app

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh. Hadn't really looked into viber before. Looks like just another voip chat app. Still uses your cell minutes to make calls, so does not seem as good as Skype or Google Voice piped through a SIP service.

Nice job getting it working by installing a texting client though. What kind of service plan do you have on your SIM (and what country)?
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. -- M.C. Escher
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge. -- D.J. Boorstin

Thanks

Hi everyone,
    This is a representative of Viber Media

First - I'd like to thank you for your comments and feedback. it's great for us to see the interest in Viber people find all around the world.

About the iPad questions -
    Yes, you can use it with a SIM card, as you would register with a normal iPhone.

HOWEVER, you can also use Viber on an iPad without a SIM card (or for that matter, also on iPod-Touch!). This is how you do it:

1. connect to WiFi from your iPad/iPod.
    2. download and install Viber app. when asked for your number, enter your regular cellphone's number, then confirm.
    3. an SMS message with the code will be sent to your regular cellular phone.
    4. take that code and use it in your iPad/iPod. Viber will then be activated, and you're good to go.

* this means that if anyone dials your number on Viber, you will get the call on your iPad/iPod.

Viber.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Free iPad 3G phone with VIBER or tango +31sms
    Dear all : it's the
    Great time to share the methods using iPad as iPhone !!!!!! very easy and useful
    1. Install 31sms from app store for free SMS and then activate it
    2. Activate VIBER or tango with the installed sim number and received code
    3. Now you can enjoy the vibe free 3G call or tango video call for wonderful time

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help Viber not working on my Ipad2
    Hello - I was wondering if someone can help me to figure out why viber is not working on my (US) Ipad 2 16gb wifi only. I was able to put in my normal cell phone number (not sure if it matters but I dont have a special smart phone or anything just a simple one that can text and call - nokia 5130).

I was able to get the activation code via text and plugged it in to the app on my ipad. Everything seems to work fine but when I try to make a call it just keeps ringing (never hits the voicemail). I also confirmed with my friend I was trying to call in HK, that he never had my call come through on his iphone 4 (with Viber installed). I also notice that if I try to make a normal call (to non viber number). it just does nothing...

Any help would be much appreciated! =]

Thanks,
    Stan

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

You can only do viber to viber calls, not viber to cell phone call. Though you are using the tel no , you are not going thru the carrier itself.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the info!

Thanks

Hi everyone,
    I am here with a request to all of our Chinese users (or any other user who speaks a language other than English) -

We plan to release Viber in Chines soon (and other languages as well).
    We would appreciate your help with adding missing translated lines, and confirming the existing translations previously added by users: Translate Viber - Streamlined Translation Platform for Sites & Apps - Viber

Thank you in advance
    the Viber Team.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Viber Media Rep,
    Did what you suggested and incoming Viber calls now come through my iPad. How do I get incoming calls back on my iPhone 4S?
    Thanks,
    Tom Dog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Dog View Post
    Hi Viber Media Rep,
    Did what you suggested and incoming Viber calls now come through my iPad. How do I get incoming calls back on my iPhone 4S?
    Thanks,
    Tom Dog
    Unfortunately, 1 Viber number can only be assigned to 1 device simultaneously. Meaning, if you'd like to use Viber on both your iPad and your iPhone, you'll have to register with a different phone number on both (otherwise they will deactivate each other upon registration).

Usually, the workaround that users choose is to register Viber on their phones with their real telephone number (associated regularly with their phone), and on their WiFi-only devices - in this case your iPad - you can register with a different number, like your home number, a friend's number, or even a pre-paid number. Remember that the phone number needed for registration is going to remain your Viber ID

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Viber For This Useful Post:

Tom Dog (04-30-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi just following this thread. Are you referring to the new ipad or the ipad2. I am just about to purchase the new ipad and am very interested in the whole Viber concept. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Nollaig1,
    I have just replaced my iPad2 with the new iPad and Viber is now working fine on my iPhone 4S and on the new iPad. I erased Viber from the iPad and re downloaded it with an alternate number.
    Tom Dog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nollaig1 View Post
    Hi just following this thread. Are you referring to the new ipad or the ipad2. I am just about to purchase the new ipad and am very interested in the whole Viber concept. Thanks
    As mentioned above, Viber should work just fine on the new iPad (and in fact - also on older versions of iPad).
    It is not fully compatible with it, but should still work fine

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Viber For This Useful Post:

Nollaig1 (05-08-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viber View Post
    Unfortunately, 1 Viber number can only be assigned to 1 device simultaneously. Meaning, if you'd like to use Viber on both your iPad and your iPhone, you'll have to register with a different phone number on both (otherwise they will deactivate each other upon registration).

Usually, the workaround that users choose is to register Viber on their phones with their real telephone number (associated regularly with their phone), and on their WiFi-only devices - in this case your iPad - you can register with a different number, like your home number, a friend's number, or even a pre-paid number. Remember that the phone number needed for registration is going to remain your Viber ID
    Thank you!!! I spent hours last night chatting with my sister on Viber, her on iPad, me on iPhone - every time I tried to get Viber working on IPad it told me it wasn't yet completely compatible with iPad, be patient, we're working on it,p. Then it'd go back to the initial "Welcome to Viber, enter your number here to continue" - which then triggered the same thing to happen on my iPhone (& I lost all the messages, holiday pics my sister had just sent me).
    So glad to know what the problem was! Now I can set up with my home number on iPad.

Thanks again! ��

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by auntyj View Post
    Thank you!!! I spent hours last night chatting with my sister on Viber, her on iPad, me on iPhone - every time I tried to get Viber working on IPad it told me it wasn't yet completely compatible with iPad, be patient, we're working on it,p. Then it'd go back to the initial "Welcome to Viber, enter your number here to continue" - which then triggered the same thing to happen on my iPhone (& I lost all the messages, holiday pics my sister had just sent me).
    So glad to know what the problem was! Now I can set up with my home number on iPad.

Thanks again! 😄
    Our pleasure to help!

Enjoy Viber

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viber View Post
    Hi everyone,
    This is a representative of Viber Media

First - I'd like to thank you for your comments and feedback. it's great for us to see the interest in Viber people find all around the world.

About the iPad questions -
    Yes, you can use it with a SIM card, as you would register with a normal iPhone.

HOWEVER, you can also use Viber on an iPad without a SIM card (or for that matter, also on iPod-Touch!). This is how you do it:

1. connect to WiFi from your iPad/iPod.
    2. download and install Viber app. when asked for your number, enter your regular cellphone's number, then confirm.
    3. an SMS message with the code will be sent to your regular cellular phone.
    4. take that code and use it in your iPad/iPod. Viber will then be activated, and you're good to go.

* this means that if anyone dials your number on Viber, you will get the call on your iPad/iPod.

Viber.
    I just installed viber on my Ipad with a different number from my Motorola phone coz it's also a viber. I tried to call and text viber from my Ipad to my phone and it works but when I tried to call and text the number on my Ipad it doesn't work. It says that this number is not a viber yet! What should I do? I can use my Ipad to call viber phone but they can't call me back?

Thanks

Hi,

The source of this issue could greatly vary. Please read this short page in our HelpDesk, outlining some possible workarounds that will help reboot synchronization of the contact list: iPhone: Contact list is not showing your friends as Viber users?

(The instructions refer to iPhone, but are relevant to all phones nevertheless).

fms
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dear Viber,
    Why the voice typing doesn't work when I am using Viber on my iPad with retaina (wifi), but it works on my iPhone 4S? Both of my iPad & iPhone have the latest software 6.0.1.