Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPad is not charging . . . And being pissy - any ideas?

Default New iPad is not charging . . . And being pissy - any ideas?
    So I got my iPad about 2 weeks ago and it was charging fine then all of a sudden a couple of days ago nit started this erratic behavior -

Problem 1
    sometimes it will just shut off - ok, no big deal I'll just reboot - no problem - I power it on and everything is back to normal . . . But other times itll come up on the recovery screen that tells me to hook it up to iTunes . . . iTunes will tell me to restore - I'll leave it alone (disconnected from everything including power) after 10-15 min it'll be on and working fine.

Problem 2
    And because the last problem apparently waste enough, my ipad will sometimes not respond to charging.

Before you blame the cord or adapter. Or my houses AC outlets, I've tried 4 different cables, the cables are fine (work on other ipads) the adapters are also fine, and vie used 3 different outlets at 4 different houses/stores

Same as the recovery situation, this problem will "miraculously" resolve itself - for the time being

(and when I say no response to charging, I also am referring to connection via USB to a computer

Does anyone have any idea why my iPad is having it's period?

Thanks to everyone in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Restore and see if the problems persist. If they do, take it to Apple.

A defactPad to me....like PL said , restore and see but well...anything can happen
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

I see, so you don't think it's a software issue?

the reason I ask is because I know that if you have an iDevice that's off, and you plug it into a power source/computer it'll turn on. If the iPad was totally busted, then it wouldnt turn on when pulled into my computer.... which it does (but still doesnt respond)
    Last edited by 2006yamahaR6; 11-12-2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sounds defective, i doubt that it's software.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

If your close to an Apple store then just take it back. They will trade it no problem and then you also don't have to worry about it in the back of your head that if it will do it again or not.