Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Junk!

Default Junk!
    I bought an iPad yesterday, I can't do anything without getting a low memory warning. 90% of the appsncrash including safari, it took me 20 to just get Sarai to stay open to make this post.

Any idea about news on the iPad v2? I really do notnwant to keep this crap, especially knowing that if i get low memory now I doubt the iPad will get multitasking.

~Tim

If I have helped you then thank me.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You need to be giving A LOT more specific information. How much ram do you have free after a reboot? How many and which mobile substrate apps are you running?

My iPad boots with about 130MB free and running safari and a couple other things I get it down to 50-70MB sometimes but that's rare. From what I can remember I have about 6 or 8 mobile substrate apps installed including winterboard, shrink, SB Settings, Backgrounder, Activator, Gridlock, and I think a couple others that I can't remember.

I just use sbsettings to respring to fix that. Ipad resprings fast so it fixes that problem for me at least

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Good point. When my RAM goes down to below 50 a quick respring shoots it up to 130-140MB.

Off topic: Gridlock works for iPad? Cool!

@OP: If you think your iPad sucks that bad, restore and return it to Apple for an exchange. I can tell you from months of experience that the only crashes I ever get is when I help beta test s/w for devs. Other than that, I rarely ever get crashes, random resprings or super duper low memory. The low battery pop up all the time is concerning. When 4.2 is released, or if you have your SHSH's saved, try a restore and see if it does that in the stock f/w. If it does, definitely exchange it.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Right after respelling I would open safari and I would go down to 15-20 mb ram free, safari crashed like 50 times in an hour at one point.

If I have helped you then thank me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^ Definitely time to restore or return to Apple for a replacement !!!!! (or both )

What the other suggest cause something is wrong.

I never have that and even don't get that on the 4.2 beta which has multitasking.