Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Thinking to sell my 16GB iPad to buy a Macbook Air 11"

Default Thinking to sell my 16GB iPad to buy a Macbook Air 11"
    The new macbooks just seem to sleek that I'm really considering to sell my iPad, add a bit on top and buy an 11" macbook air. What do you guys think?

I come from a land down under (Australia)
    Thanks

Keep your iPad
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter
    If you like what I say, hit the button, you know which one

Hm...although I also have an iPad, I must be honest - you can't compare the ipad and new MacBook Air!!!!
    One is tablet and one -real laptop with one of the best operative systems in the world, better connectivity options, bigger screen, much more sexier

Similar size, similar weight, but HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!

Go for air!!!

What do you plan on using it for is the real question.
    I have an iMac and iPad and it does everything I need it to. The ipads extra portability let's me take it to class and take notes and read some in the downtime. Then I can come back and do a heavy workload on my desktop.

Thanks

love my ipad, would never give it up,,,accept when the new ipad comes out

you seriously gota think about this

I'll give you $200 for it . I want to get one for my son, all the toddler apps are great. But, I don't want him on my iPad anymore
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

I'm in the Same situation. Although it's because my laptop is a little out dated & slow. To me the iPad is an awesome device, but the cons make me regret my decision to get it, and not a new laptop. It's difficult to take notes in class w/o the $80-100 keyboard, difficult to downloads lectures, view certain pages on webvista/blackboard, etc.

If you already have a good laptop I would stick with the iPad, but if not go with the air. Also it will be extra, but I would upgrade to the 13" b/c I believe it has options that the 11" doesn't have.like storage & RAM.

The thing with the MBA is that it is one of the most expensive netbooks out there.. Buy a regular MB, and you will be much happier. Don't the MBPs start at $999? If you want a laptop, don't get an MBA. It really, truly, is a niche device. Would you buy an iPad that had 1/3 of the features, just to have a super thin device?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix