Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Questions About The Email App

Default Questions About The Email App
    I have a couple of questions about the email app...number one, Is there any way to have it not include the original message when replying to an email? This is probably my biggest annoyance so far with the iPad. And number two, is there any way to increase the frequency at which it checks for new mail beyond the options that are given in settings? I'd prefer to have it check my gmail every five minutes. Hopefully there is a way to accomplish these things....as long as clear instructions are given, I can do anything that is necessary. I'll grealt appreciate any help! :-)

Not too sure about the first question but for the second, why don't you set up your gmail as an enterprise account. You will get true gmail push instantly without having to check. It will also sync your contacts and calendar with gmail if wanted.

Search Google Sync for iPhone in google to see how set it up.

That's the whole point of 'reply' to display the original message and your response to it, sorry.
    And yeah 5 minute intervals? Just change it to push all incoming emails to you.

I got my gmail set up for push thanks for the tip....so that problem is solved....and as for the other poster, I don't care what the purpose is I, I repeat I don't want it there. Is there no setting file that can be opened up in perhaps iFile and edited so as not to include the original message?

There's no setting. You can poke around in the application data and see if you find something, but make a backup of everything before you start rewriting anything.

Any tips on where to start?

I haven't taken the time to search around on my iPad, but if it's similar to iPhone then check
    /var/stash/Applications
    /System/Library
    maybe, again I'm not really sure