View Poll Results: How long until Apple adds the Retina Display to the iPad?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • By Summer 2011

2 66.67%
  • By the end of 2011

0 0%
  • Apple will surprise us before the end of 2010

0 0%
  • Sometime in 2012 if the world doesn't explode.

0 0%
  • NEVER! LONG LIVE LED!

0 0%
  • I Could careless about the iPad.

1 33.33%
  • Not Sure.

0 0%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How long until Apple adds the Retina Display to the iPad?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How long until Apple adds the Retina Display to the iPad?
    So now that Apple has incorporated the iphone 4's retina screen into the new ipod touch's, How long do y'all think it will be until Apple incorporates the retina screen into the iPad? I say by the end of next year when its about due time for Apple to roll out a new updated mode given their past product release timeframes and definitely not this year since there are no more Apple Media events scheduled this year for announcements of new products. No, I do not have any information about patent filings or from any rumor mill or any sources. But seeing the trend that apple has been using regarding upgrading the displays on their Products (I.E. Retina Display for iPhone 4 and iPod Touch, Patent filings for a touch interface for iMac's and the inevitable incorporation of LED displays for the MacBook's and iMac's) I have a gut feeling, and it's a strong one , that apple will incorporate the Retina display into the iPad soon and they may already be working on it for a future model.

True, the iPad already has an LED display which is an excellent display, but knowing apple, their not too keen on having all of their other products like the iPhone and now iPod using the same displays/technology while leaving another extremely similar product using a different display/technology. I say this because it would be cheaper to produce the screens for all three (yes, I know the iPad screen is much larger than ipod/iPhone) if their the same type of display instead of producing 2 separate screen formats.

This is just a thought I had this morning while enjoying my Coffee and reading about the product announcements from yesterday and I thought I'd share it with the ModMyi community to see what your thoughts were.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

IM thinking by summer 11 since they release a new frigid phone every year I'm sure it will be same for iPad. It'll probably get the display as well as cameras for face time technology.

Jan '11, it will be announced
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix