Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What I wouldn't give for

Default What I wouldn't give for
    A clock app that will run in the background like on the iphone, itouch...

Dude, you really should search before you post. Search "ipad clock app" and the first result will give you what you want. It involves getting the clock app from an iPhone 3G[s] and putting it on your iPad. The clock works just like it did on the iPhone. The only caveat is that it won't run at full screen without the timer not working. If you have it run in iPhone res, ya know 1x or 2x, it will work fine.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Do i have to jailbreak my ipad to do that? I saw that thread before but figured I had to jailbreak to do it, I'd rather not do it at this time...

You do. Unfortunately, there is no app store app that will work like the clock app. The alarms in the app store versions rely on push notifications, which is fine if you are constantly in an area with wifi. However, these are not guaranteed to work, so it's hard to rely upon them.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix