Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Themes for ipad?

Question Need urgent help on making a theme for ipad!!!
    I was wondering how to change the bar where you slide to unlock on the ipad and how to name and put the file in the correct folder because i got this great idea for a theme for the ipad but i just need to know how to change the bar...the bar im talking about is the one under me.... and im talking about both the big one and the small one where you slide the slider..its very hard to explain but if you dont know what im talking about please post what you dont understand

edit:
    oh and im not talking about the "slide to unlock" text.. im talking about where the "slide to unlock" text is sitting on which is a bar......the slider starts and finishes where the bar starts and finishes..very confusing but ill try and take a pic from a theme
    Last edited by athleticswimmer; 03-15-2011 at 08:48 AM.

I'm not a hardcore themer, but I can help out a little bit. From what I know to change the "Slide to Unlock" text with a winterboard package you have to make the following folders: "Name of Theme" - Bundles - com.apple.springboard - en.Iproj - SpringBoard.strings. That text file (SpringBoard.strings) is what I think you need to edit for a different text, but your going to want to check and make sure. As for the images you should explore the following folder in either iFile, WinSCP or whatever SSHing client: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework

That folder contains a lot of the images present on the lockscreen I believe.

Hit "Thanks!" If I helped!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iLoveMaine For This Useful Post:

athleticswimmer (08-22-2010)

thanx alot! but i tried this and the images come up blank in preview(for mac) i thought my mac had a problem so i used a pc but same thing happened it comes up blank like its locked or something... i used cyberduck for mac and winscp for windows any suggestions? heres how it looks like

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveMaine View Post
    I'm not a hardcore themer, but I can help out a little bit. From what I know to change the "Slide to Unlock" text with a winterboard package you have to make the following folders: "Name of Theme" - Bundles - com.apple.springboard - en.Iproj - SpringBoard.strings. That text file (SpringBoard.strings) is what I think you need to edit for a different text, but your going to want to check and make sure. As for the images you should explore the following folder in either iFile, WinSCP or whatever SSHing client: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework

That folder contains a lot of the images present on the lockscreen I believe.

Hit "Thanks!" If I helped!
    this is exactly what i need to know thanx but the images turns up blank when i download them so i cant determine which image is which.....i downloading glaskart for ipad and the theme changed what i wanted to change so i sshed into my ipad copied the theme on my desktop and looked for the image but everything was blank.....does someone know why this is??

oh here! this is the glaskart theme for ipad and it has what im looking for!

see how it changed the bar to a fading upward design and made the big bar transperent! this is what i want to edit! anyone know how????

Quote Originally Posted by athleticswimmer View Post
    oh here! this is the glaskart theme for ipad and it has what im looking for!

see how it changed the bar to a fading upward design and made the big bar transperent! this is what i want to edit! anyone know how????
    Like I said those images are in that folder (the telephony one). You might want to try using iFile for the iPad and see if you can see them then. I also just looked in the Glasklart theme and the folder structure to the changes to the lockscreen are at: Glasklart HD Core.theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

You might be having trouble because iOS stores png files in a non standard way. To view them on your computer, you need to convert them first (or like 'Maine mentioned, view them through iFile).

Some more info here: Iphone PNG images - ModMyi - Wiki

An older discussion here: can't view png images off of iPhone, please help

Hope that helps, let us see what you did if you get it working .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to krosis For This Useful Post:

athleticswimmer (08-24-2010)

i Got it working on ifile but nothing seems to look like the lockscreen bar in telephonyui folder... so i thought hard...and then it hit me! i used the glasklart theme to find out which one is it...i sshed into my ipad and started taking out one by one of the things in the telephonyui folder in the glasklart theme and everytime i took one thing out i went to my ipad and loaded the theme...i did this for about 10 min and then i found out what the big bar was called dont remember it now but i have it written down....somwhere i still need to know a couple of things though..so yea thanks everyone....and @Krosis thanks for the png's info!

dude krosis i actually downloaded an encoder and it worked wow thanx man!
    Last edited by athleticswimmer; 08-24-2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost