Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking iPad at Local Bestbuy Using Nexusone Aug 4th 2010

Default Jailbreaking iPad at Local Bestbuy Using Nexusone Aug 4th 2010
    So here's the story. On Aug 4th I walked into a local BestBuy store, walked by Apple section and I saw bunch of iPads laying around. I was curious about whether Apple requested Bestbuy to block the jailbreakme.com website. So I tried accessing the website using Bestbuy's WiFi and what d you know...it was blocked. I was walking out that all of a sudden I thought about jailbreaking the iPad using my Nexusone's hotspot. So I went back, connected the iPod to my Nexusone and using T-Mobile's 3G network I started surfing the net, accessing jailbreakme.com and jailbreaking the device...The video is attached

[ame=http://www.vimeo.com/13931310]Jailbreaking iPad using Nexusone at local Bestbuy Store Aug 4th 2010 on Vimeo[/ame]

oooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Nice video

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreak!!! Ftw!!!

Not news so moved thread.

It is no biggie for them to just restore them. And they are floor units so they get touched by a ton of people all day so I doubt they care to much.

@Cer0...that's not the point....the point is that even though they blocked the website, there're still ways around it. Of course they can restore it, but I can go there again and jailbreak it YET AGAIN....as Steve Jobs once said...it's a game of cat and mouse

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone know of either a way to get the pdf file used on jailbreakme.com or another mirror of jailbreakme.com other than modmyi's.....both are blacklisted and redirect to apple.com.