Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Battery Issue

Default iPad Battery Issue
    I've noticed on a consistent basis that my wifi+3g version ipad drains about 10% or more battery while sleeping over night. Or sleeping for the matter.

I have push notifications off, blue tooth off, location services off and no sim card since I am not subscribed to celular data services.

My wife has the wifi only version and her battery does not drain while sleeping at all.

Did a test last night. Both ipads were at 100%. When I woke up in the morning mine was at 89% and hers at 100%.

Is this normal on the wifi+3g model or am I missing something here?

Please advise.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the wifi+3G model and mine does not do that. I would do a restore through iTunes and then set up as New iPad and not from Back up. That should fix the battery issue.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Go Gators For This Useful Post:

allanes5 (07-29-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i didnt realise that when i bought my ipad 64GB wifi+3G (in america while on vacation) that an AT&T sim card was in the device - when i started using it (when i got home to Australia) i was charging it 2 or 3 times a week.

what i think the ipad was doing was because there was a sim card in it (even tho i didnt have a data plan) it was searching for a network - hence using the battery to do so.

once i took the sim card out it doesnt search anymore, and less battery drainage.