+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Respring takes forever!

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Does this affect anyone else? Could be when SBSettings does it's respring, or when a getting out of safe mode, or when setting winterboard themes, it takes forever, and usually
    Thanks

Default Respring takes forever!
    Does this affect anyone else? Could be when SBSettings does it's respring, or when a getting out of safe mode, or when setting winterboard themes, it takes forever, and usually gives me a black screen with the LCD light still on, and after maybe five minutes it will show up to the lockscreen, or it will just not come back, requiring a hard reboot. Anyone?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

i've not run into this before
    edit: but i don't use sbsettings respring, i just power off and on using hardware button when needed

Green Apple
    Thanks

This has been happening to me recently to, but my iPad freezes first. I disabled a bunch of stuff in my substrate, so far it seems to have fixed the issue. I have a feeling some apps updated for iOS4 don't play well with 3.2

Thanks

Can not exit from save mode ...HELP!

Thanks

You need to disable Mobile Substrate add ons. Go into cydia and get ifile. Then, go to /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/ and change the extension of the newest add ons you installed to *.disabled then respring.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Banned
    Thanks

useful info,thanks

Thanks

no prob But no thanks button?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm not sure if this is what happens to you, but yes respringing or restarting really pisses me off, sometimes i have to restore iPad because I restart my iPad

So lets say I just finished downloading something from Cydia this is what happens it says respring so i respring and it shows the apple sign with the loader on it then after a while the screen turns black and 2 seconds later it shows the lockscreen....Well this isn't the problem but rebooting is the problem D=

So today morning I went to cydia and i saw mobilesubstrate and other things needed upgrade so i upgraded them and before it told me restart springboard my ipad just restarted by itself, like usual it shows apple sign with loader on it and then the screen turns black... I press the square button the screen turns on and it shows the apple sign with the loader, so i WAS LIKE WTF???? so i thought like usual i had to restore it cuz when this happens i restore it but i held the square button and power button and it restarted then it took me to homepage.... that was one day for me!