Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: USA iPad 3G

Default USA iPad 3G
    Hey,

I'm heading to USA within a week or two and I was wondering whether or not the USA iPads work within the UK? (With O2/Orange etc). I've heard that they don't work and it'd be better off buying the wifi version only?

Could someone shed some light please?

Thanks.

I am not sure how you are going to activate without a USA iTunes account, but it will work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    As far as I know, 3G iPads are unlocked. So they would work with any SIM card that supports GSM (which is used everywhere in Europe). Might want to check the bands that your UK provider works on. As far as activating, you can have it done in-store in the USA. The problem is that the entire east coast is sold out of iPads, especially in big cities, so finding one will be a problem. I reserved mine and it took 6 days to get it, others were saying 2 weeks.

I'm in Hong Kong and using Vodafone happily with my iPad, so it definitely works.

Would also suggest you to buy a $50 gift card when you pick up your iPad so you can create a USA iTunes account with your gift card and any valid US address.