+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Media Player Problems

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
My first i Pad was skipping music & movies, with & without j/b. So I made them give me a new one after 2 weeks of arguing with them. Now
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Media Player Problems
    My first i Pad was skipping music & movies, with & without j/b. So I made them give me a new one after 2 weeks of arguing with them. Now this one does the same thing but only with the movies, I have The Dark Knight & The Incredible Hulk in the media player which are from i Tunes...they were digital copies I redeemed through i Tunes. None of my movies I encoded will play properly either which I have had on all my i devices, but they play just fine in vlciPhone. But it don't go full screen there's about a 10 pixel border cause of the pixel doubler. The Dark Knight has no audio whatsoever & The Incredible Hulk skips about 5 times throughout the movie. I'm not sure if I should take it back again or what, but that's bs I paid $1,000 for mine with case & vga adapter it should be fully functional. I would be ok with it if they had a vlciPad that went full screen, I'm thinking is a software problem with the media player is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Do the files play ok on your Mac? I sync files converted to the normal setting in handbrake and they play without any issue whatsoever.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default I don't have a Mac
    I am a Windows user, yes they play perfect in i Tunes & on PC. I love my iPad but I want one that works properly...like that's too much to ask for. I use this for encoding my movies TMPGEnc - Products: TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress - Product Overview. I got this mainly to watch movies on & for art apps, I don't know if I should take it back or if they will exchange again. It has to be software or hardware problem though I don't have any idea how I could get 2 faulty iPads. Thanks in advance for all help given

Thanks

2 faulty ipads would be very unlikely. Try handbrake and use the normal setting. Download a new media file and try a fresh transcode, import to iTunes and then try and play it on your iPad.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Ok I got it now
    I did a restore & re-sync, the 2 movies are playing fine...I'm very happy now! I have been using handbrake to encode movies & works A+, thanks for your time, info & help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can now stream video off your PC - check out Air video