Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guys, Help me having iTunes account for Ipad

Smile Guys, Help me having iTunes account for Ipad
    Hey,

As I'm from India and bought this iPad from US. Thing is when I tried logging in with my iTunes account (which is Indian account) , it said cannot be allowed as iPad hasn't released yet here.

So I used my friend's account who is located in US and uses his account for iPhone etc, but his account got locked down..maybe the reason was different IP addresses @ same time :S.

Now I need an account, my CC doesnt work even if I put my relative address on the
    Last edited by z3r01; 05-24-2010 at 10:42 AM. Reason: No piracy talk

buy a Apple gift certificate ($50 or $100) from eBay and get the voucher code email to you by the seller, then use the code to register a US account with any valid US address (I used Apple's address), remember to use a new email account also.

No piracy talk...but as for ur problem, just register a new account
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Just create new account using an American address- no need to register a credit card.
    I've done the same (uk) the only downside is you only have access to free apps until the iPad is released outside the states.

When I try registering new account with US address, it asks for confirmed billing address same as credit card.
    As my credit card is from India, i dont know how it gets to know and it never works

Perhaps there is a way using paypal? I thought for sure that this was just going to be a scam thread, but it's actually legit. Impressive lol. Purchase the gift card from eBay? That should work.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Perhaps there is a way using paypal? I thought for sure that this was just going to be a scam thread, but it's actually legit. Impressive lol. Purchase the gift card from eBay? That should work.
    I might be replying late, but I'm active user of ModMyI lol (i just don't post much).

Thought of Paypal, but my paypal has Indian Verified Address and I'm sure Apple will check that out and it shows country India and then again i wont be allowed to download iPad Apps.

What to do ? Can someone share his/her account :P

to access USA iTunes account you can follow the following instructions to get an USA iTunes account with no payment method

How to access other countries AppStore Step-by-Step Instructions!

But to buy apps you can use your India account in your computer's iTunes and sync it over to your iPad...and wait patiently for Apple to release the iTunes of iPad to your country.

I experienced the same thing as you but the above makes save me troubles from buying gift cards.
    iPhone 3G 3.1.3
    iPad WIFI 3.2 + Myfi device

Apple just filled my future where all things are "magical".

However, all the magical ideas are from people & developers like us in this forum.